Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vision series s temp controler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vision series s temp controler

Which of any of the temp controllers will work on my Vision Series S Kamado .
    Are they worth the money

Hi Tom, welcome to the Pit. Several folks here have temperature controllers hooked up to their kamados (and other cookers), and will probably chime in pretty soon. Polarbear777 , Spinaker , and Troutman are three members who have posted in the past about why they like their temperature controllers.

If you go to the BBQ Guru web site and select the model of Vision kamado you have, there will be a list of temperature controllers that will work.

Here's a link to get to that "selecting your model" page:

https://www.bbqguru.com/StoreNav/Dev...ufacturerId=55

Also, don't hesitate to talk to the BBQ Guru folks if you have any questions. Their customer service has been great for me.

If you happen to have a Fireboard remote thermometer system (or are interested in getting one), then you might want to purchase their driver cable and a fan purchased from BBQ Guru. Quite a few Pit members have gone that route.

HTH,
    Kathryn

Comment

• Polarbear777
      Polarbear777 commented
      Editing a comment
      BBQ guru should have a fan mount that will work.

Vision recommends Flame Boss. Once you get the feel for your kamado, you should be able to control temp pretty easy, but if you have the money, a temperature controller makes your task even easier.

Comment

Also check out smobot and see if they make one for the vision.

Comment

BGE owner here. I use a DigiQ, but the fact is that once properly set, any kamado will hold temp until it runs out of fuel. I just like gadgets. And I sleep better on overnight cooks. But I've done overnights without the DigiQ that were fine.

Comment

I just checked, Bbq Guru has controllers for 5 different Vision smokers. I like my Digi-Q on my Weber 22. I was upset with the new Weber as I could not control it like I could the older ones I owned. I don't know if any one has added a blower from them but I am sure they will speak up if they have.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here