Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PartyQ modded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PartyQ modded

First run with the PartyQ and Maverick ET-732 in my WSM since modding the PartyQ to run without batteries. Coming up later this afternoon, can't wait to see how it performs. Should stabilize temps a little overnight and give longer sleep times (less alarms, lol), and I hope speed up the whole burn a little as well.

Details? Pics? Parts list?

Comment

I have used a PartyQ for years now, and was set to mod it for electric which I still will, but I have taken the plunge for a Smobot for my Big Green Egg. Since it works so well I haven’t completed the mod yet.

Comment

• Flyeralan
      Flyeralan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, airtight will certainly help with battery life.

So the modded PartyQ is amazing. It works perfect, no more tending and constantly checking temps. I could not be more pleased. Looking forward to some great pulled pork tomorrow.

Comment

It's official, the WSM held temp all night from 9 until 5:30 AM. I got up a few times to check (to used to alarms going off) and there was simply nothing to do. The modification to the PartyQ was certainly worth it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here