Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stoker 2 apple wifi help Case of beer reward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stoker 2 apple wifi help Case of beer reward

Hey guys if there is a link to answer this question I would surely appreciate any help you can give in finding it.

I just got a stoker 2. I am trying to connect the wifi on my wife computer. She uses apple and I have no idea what the hell I'm doing with it. Usually on my PC i have connected an ethernet cable to the stoker and then the router, put in the ip address 192.168.100.1 and get the dashboard.

With her apple Im just confused. I see a white tower which I'm guessing in an "air port" and that is connected to another verizon router. I have tried connecting the ethernet cable to the white tower and type in the ip address and the computer can't find it. I tried unplugging the tower and plugging the stoker directly into the verizon router and same thing.

I thought with the stoker 2 you wouldn't need a router etc? My phone doesn't "see" a stoker network.

Any help in connecting the stoker to my network would be super appreciated and will be rewarded with a case of beer of the heroes choice!!

Have zero experience with Airport, but I have 3 apple computers set up to run on our LAN. If the stoker has wireless, you should be able to find the wifi network and log into it. If it needs an intermediate device for that, like your phone, then you'll need to connect to the phone somehow. Sorry, it's tough without the equipment in front of you. No instructions? The Airport has to have an IP address and wifi network it is providing.

Comment

• rselkowitz
      rselkowitz commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you so much. The airport is in bridge mode. I saw that putting it into dhcp nat mode will give me what you are talking about. So I'm guessing I have to turn it off bridge mode use my stoker then reverse the settings when Im done using it??

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      rselkowitz - you're way beyond me on the details of the setup. From a high level, I don't think you would need to change modes. But let's see what others have to say.

Have you seen this:

Take a look at the network section. I believe ad hoc connection is what your are looking for.

Comment

• rselkowitz
      rselkowitz commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you. I will check this out

• mnavarre
      mnavarre commented
      Editing a comment
      You actually want page 27 in that Manual "Wireless Connection Settings" If you're just trying to connect the Stoker to WiFi.

Is there an Ethernet port on the Mac? If so it sounds like connecting the Stoker directly to the Mac should just work (turn off WiFi). Since all you need to do is enter your WiFi settings you should be able to do it from a Windows box also.

Comment

• rselkowitz
      rselkowitz commented
      Editing a comment
      I see one ethernet connection to the back of the mac, the router(not the airport) is currently plugged in.

All you should need is the SSID and security passphrase for the WiFi network you're trying to connect to. Forget about all the Apple gear, I think you're confusing yourself. You just need a direct Ethernet connection from a computer to the Stoker, enter the WiFi information and make sure DHCP is turned on and you should be good to go.

If you're going to use the Mac, turn WiFi off, unplug whatever's plugged in to the Ethernet port and plug in the Stoker. Enter the URL for the stoker into the browser of choice and set up the WiFi on the stoker. But like I said *all* you need is a direct connection from the Stoker to a computer. As far as I can tell from the manual there's no way to set up the Stokers' WiFi using WiFi.

Comment

Think I have a bum unit. I have plugged the unit into the router, the computer, the airport and it cannot be found. I tried switching wifi modes from stand alone to client and back and forth. The quick start guide says that the machine will produce a network signal. None of my devices "sees" a stoker network.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here