Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Probes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probes

I have the Maverick XR50 Thermometer (actually 2 ) and I'm looking to order additional probes.
    Are all probe jacks the same or is it brand specific.
    I was hoping to get some with longer cables than the originals supplied.

When I bought my Smoke, I was surprised that the alarm sounded exactly like my 20 year old Polder timer/thermometer. The probe that came with the Polder died a long time ago.

I plugged in a room temperature Smoke probe and the Polder registered 114 degrees. So at least in this case, the answer was no.

Comment

Maverick also seems to offer probes with 6' leads, vs th standard 3' fer th XR-50...although they appear to currently be out of stock.

The PR-50BBQ food probe fits the XR-50 Maverick thermometer model. Shop all Maverick thermometer replacement parts now.

The PR-50F food probe fits the XR-50 Maverick thermometer model. Shop all Maverick thermometer replacement parts now.

I bought some longer cables fer my ET-732, an was much happier with em, made routin them properly much easier on larger cookers...

Might shoot em an email, see when availability will resume...with such a new product, I find it highly unlikely they have been discontinued...

Note: I haven't checked (yet) to see if Dave n Crew have any available, over at ABCBBQ

(Jus did: all they got is links to Maverick's site, so same same...)

Comment

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        As always a great pleasure doing business with you Mr Bones. So I must assume that the probe jacks differ for each manufacturer.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Always my distinct pleasure to be of assistance, Brother holehogg

Unbeknownst to all, until this moment, I recently purchased an XR-50, to run through th trials...

I'll be wantin th same, longer cables as would benefit yer setup...

Some may work with other brands, but it's taking a chance to try. I seem to remember being able to switch brands at one point, but I don't remember the brands involved. However I am Thermoworks dominate, so that was probably one of the brands.

Comment

It’s not just the jacks. There are also varying types of probes. Some are better for low temperatures, some better for mid range temperatures, and some for very high heat applications. So even if a probe fits into a jack, it may or may not give an accurate reading. Or rather the probe WILL give an accurate reading, but the thing it is plugged into may give a false reading because it interpretes the data incorrectly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	08AE8070-9C33-46B5-B4E5-8C8A55AB7535.png
Views:	178
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	608474

Comment

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks makes sense given your explanation.

• SmokeyGator
          SmokeyGator commented
          Editing a comment
          Of course it can never be too simple. Nope. Someone has to intentionally design things to make things more complicated than necessary

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here