Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heatermeter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heatermeter

Anyone have a heatermeter and have successfully put it on wifi and then are able to monitor temps from the app remotely? I can get the app to work if my phone and the heatermeter are on the same wifi network but that is as far as I can go. Any network guru's out there?

HI - typically devices like a heatermeter communicate only with devices on the same local net. The fix to that is here:

Hi, I have my HeaterMeter running and I can see my device and graph in my browser on my local network. How do I see it if I am not at home? Jeff

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice call !!! Also doesn’t this have something to do with the angle of the dangle???

Thanks for providing the information. Unfortunately it is not detailed enough for my dumb brain. Where I fail is getting the heatermeter on the website. I will keep messing with it.

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      You need to set up a 'static' IP address for the heatermeter within your router settings. 'Static' as opposed to 'Dynamic' means that the IP address will be persistent, not change dependent upon what order devices on your router authenticate and receive an address. With a persistent IP address them meter will always be at the same cyber location. If this ain't it, I need more info.

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      Or you could ask your internet carrier at the point you can describe your issue to some detail, if you are using their router.

• BriggsBBQ
      BriggsBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, yes I have done a static IP address. I have been able to use that to access the HM if I am authenticated on my local network. However if I am at the office I have not been able to access it. I know port forwarding leaves a port on the firewall open. In that case would I use the static IP for the web address/URL from the office?

Can you VPN into your home computer, and remotely control the home computer to connect to the device? If the device can not be connected to using wifi, that would be my work around.
    Last edited by Randy-Phx; September 1, 2018, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here