Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guru/PBC advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guru/PBC advice needed

I have looked all over, no avail. I'm getting a pretty good handle on temp control with the PBC, but I think a PartyQ could make it better. I already own a PartyQ, so I'm not interested in buying a different controller.

I'm really just looking for feedback from anyone who has done this, and exactly where to mount the adapter. TIA.

I thought the magic of the PBC was it’s inherent temperature stability due to the design?

Comment

I installed my Auber directly across from the original vent. It is for supplemental air when the stall hits on overnight cooks. If I could do it over I would put it at a 90 degree angle.

Comment

• Polarbear777
        Polarbear777 commented
        Editing a comment
        So you use the fan _and_ the stock opening at the same time?
        Hadn’t thought of that.

I've had my PartyQ for about 2 years now. At that time they had a Universal adapter which looks similar to the Small BGE adapter and I was able to put it in the existing hole and wedge it into the crimped gap at the bottom of the barrel and use the existing screw hole to secure it. I did not have to do any mods to the barrel. Now they have the PBC as an option but show the Weber (small universal) adapter paired with the fans. You would install that one just like you would on a kettle. You can contact BBQGuru directly and ask them for advise. They responded to me very quickly and helped me. I now wish I had splurged for the DigiQ or CyberQ with a Viper fan, but the PartyQ keeps the temp absolutely stable throughout even my long cooks. I check on it every 20 minutes and it is almost always at the temp I selected. I don't know how it will work with the Weber universal adapter. That adapter directs the air at a 90 deg whereas the adapter I have is unrestricted.

Comment

• Polarbear777
        Polarbear777 commented
        Editing a comment
        The Weber adapter is 90 degrees so if you point it down ash can’t fall in it when the fan is off. If that isn’t required in the pbc you could get a small bar and drill a hole in it to replace the inside cap and hold the adapter on. Don’t know if the 90 degrees would matter though.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here