Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard Control Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard Control Cable

Easily control the temperature of your charcoal or wood fired smoker. Plugs into the auxiliary port on your FireBoard or FireBoard 2.

Looks good and will work with most fans.

Looks like it’s time for this and a Pit Viper.

Funny! I JUST ordered the cable, and a Pit Viper with a Weber adapter as you were typing! Cant wait!

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      According to this video, you ordered the right stuff, lonnie mac . https://www.1src.com/video/t_f6bsvLSpYb0 Did you get the Pit Viper medium fan?

• lonnie mac
      lonnie mac commented
      Editing a comment
      I did! I think it will work perfect with the WSCGC. Hope to find out soon!

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll be following your posts on it, lonnie mac , although I'm tempted to order exactly what you did because those prices are so good, around 40%-50% off, as I recall. I've got them in my cart. .

Expensive, but I will probably still purchase. I will be curious to hear what you guys think. lonnie mac Sephon . I was hoping that the Fireboard was going to come out with their own system. However, I like this better, I would rather have the flexibility. Most of the fans out there run on a 2.5 MM cord. So this will work with most units. I do hope the folks at Fireboard allow us to download software that supports an algorithmic fan system. Similar to BBQ Guru.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker, Check the Link Sephon provided❗️ FireBoard has a Fan Listed There, I haven't Studied it Yet❓
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Sephon, Lonnie mac, I Know what Santa's Bringing Dan for Christmas‼️ Thanks for the Link Sephon‼️
    👍👍👍👍👍 This Should Simplify and Make Easier Setting Up the FireBoard and the Cooks for All of Us‼️
    🎤 🎧 🤗😇🤗 🎧 🎤
    Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
      Expensive, but I will probably still purchase. I will be curious to hear what you guys think. lonnie mac Sephon . I was hoping that the Fireboard was going to come out with their own system. However, I like this better, I would rather have the flexibility. Most of the fans out there run on a 2.5 MM cord. So this will work with most units. I do hope the folks at Fireboard allow us to download software that supports an algorithmic fan system. Similar to BBQ Guru.
      Well this will be my first ever fan setup. I watched the video and it seems to work good from 0% to 100% fan control on it's own. My conformation email said to turn on my Fireboard so it can download the new firmware and be ready when the cable gets here, but I ain't gettin no update that I can see yet.

I sure hope the Pit Viper I just bought has the correct plug but I am sure it must.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        If it is your first set up, then you are good to go. You will be fine with your Pit Viper fan. That is the correct male end. Let us know what you think.

That's some premium pricing on that cable and fan. Add up the price of a Fireboard/cable/blower combo and you're into Stoker II territory.

Comment

• lonnie mac
        lonnie mac commented
        Editing a comment
        Well then I am into Stoker II territory!

• Sephon
        Sephon commented
        Editing a comment
        Ditto!

The PartyQ is 159.00. I have the Fireboard, so this is the logical choice. I don’t want to lose money, right?

Sweet! I was just trying to figure out if the pit viper fan had the right size plug to work with the fireboard fan cable. Looks like I have my answer. Thanks to all the knowledgeable folks out there.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Jetski, I have both a Pit Viper Fan (Weber 22 1/2") and a Pit Bull Fan used on My Oklahoma Joe Highland Offsett Stick Burner! Both Fans are by The BBQGURU❗️ I currently use "1" DigQ DX-2 Temp Control and Switch Back and forth❓ Soon I will be Able to Run Both Simultaneously ❗️ 👍👍👍👍👍
        Last edited by Danjohnston949; October 13, 2017, 02:04 PM.

• Jetski
        Jetski commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice!

Debating between this and a flameboss. Will be interested to see the reviews!

Comment

It is done! Now to give it a try this weekend. Seems to work pretty slick so far just playing with it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9882.JPG
Views:	361
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	396939

Comment

• kmhfive
          kmhfive commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking forward to your first cook. I’m getting a setup like yours for Christmas so as to give me time to drill my kettle. Also figure it’d work well when I get the WSCGC.

Lonnie mac, The Only Confusion I have with both the Pit Viper and the Pit Bull is how open the Air Contol Slides Should Be❓ It affects Temp as Well as How Hard the Fan is Working (On and Off Cycling) I would suggest You use a
        Little Vasoline on the Adapter and O-Ring, I do❗️ Good Luck with Your First FireBoard and Fan Cook 👍👍👍👍👍 ❗️
        🤗😇🤗

Comment

Originally posted by Danjohnston949 View Post
          Lonnie mac, The Only Confusion I have with both the Pit Viper and the Pit Bull is how open the Air Contol Slides Should Be❓ It affects Temp as Well as How Hard the Fan is Working (On and Off Cycling) I would suggest You use a
          Little Vasoline on the Adapter and O-Ring, I do❗️ Good Luck with Your First FireBoard and Fan Cook 👍👍👍👍👍 ❗️
          🤗😇🤗
          Yep brother, I have some o-ring lube for brewing. To compound the baffle, you can also set a percentage on the FireBoard between 0 to 100% fan speed. That will be fun to figure out for sure.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            I Mark the Air Control Slide with a Permanent Marker for Preliminary Settings❓

They must have learned something from ya! Mine came with a cool laser etching on the back side of the baffle slide. 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4. I just noticed this! Also, man the new alarm sound imbedded in the new FireBoard cable is LOUD! Hopefully this weekend I'll find some time to do something good. I can't wait to try it, but right now, you know, I'm all about sheetrock! LOL.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2945.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	396969

Comment

• lonnie mac
            lonnie mac commented
            Editing a comment
            It's going VERY slow brother! Man the insurance wheels turn, but I do understnad it's a very slow process... I am ready to redo my whole house in Cement Board! I ripped about half of the house at 4' where the water was the worst, and the other half is all at 2'. I can sit on the pot in my bathroom at the front of the house, and talk to Moonbeam sitting on the pot at the back through all the studs.

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Lonnie, I usually run my blower at about half open. That seems to keep things in line. Looking forward to your review of the new cable!

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            Sheetrock - 225* for 2 years to get it tender.

I don't need a cable or a fan, I have hands!

Comment

Originally posted by 6th Borough BBQ View Post
            I don't need a cable or a fan, I have hands!
            Yea, so do I. But now my WSCGC can run itself while I run my other 4 pits.

Comment

• 6th Borough BBQ
              6th Borough BBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Haha. Now that is the best explanation I’ve ever heard!

I just put in my order today. After using the Fireboard last night, I realized that you can control the fan from the app. Duh! I don't know why I didn't think that would be the case. I really don't need this, but it will be nice to have the whole set up running through one controller.

Comment

• kmhfive
              kmhfive commented
              Editing a comment
              No, you clearly need this. This gives you fan control anywhere you get cell service. I. E. on the water, in town, watching the game. It’s vital to your health and sanity. It’s a need!

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              JUSTIFIED! kmhfive

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              The MCS devil is on one of your shoulders.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here