Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flame Boss 200 Blowout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flame Boss 200 Blowout

FYI

Email from FB 299.00 for a 200.

Go to there website

What's the difference between this and the Fireboard?

Comment

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      The Flame Boss comes with a fan control. Fireboard is suppose to be in the process of making an add on fan control (like the Smoke is gonna add Wifi) but who knows if and when. not a bad price if you can get in before they sell out.

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      after a further look it seems to only come with 1 meat probe. (and of course one temp probe)

The 200 has 1 meat probe, 1 pit probe, and the fan. The 300 unit has the logic to support 3 meat probes, by using splitter cables. Same number of ports, but the computer can track more probes.

And, unlike a few crowd funded products, and a few others than are talked about all the time, *ALL* of the components and capabilities have already been shipping since fall 2015. The 300 was announced as it actually became available to ship. I saw exactly one beta review right before they began shipping.

User interface is simple to operate, web stuff is very slick. The whole world can even watch your cook as it happens. If you give out both passwords, other people could even control your temperatures. Hmmm, not a very good idea

http://www.myflameboss.com. Enter Device 14722 and you can see my last cook. And, yes I peeked a lot, first time cooking beef short ribs.

Jim

Comment

My 300 is here tomorrow! Happy Happy

Comment

Looks like the sale is over

Comment

Just looked, the 200 is still showing at 299.00

​​​​​​https://www.flameboss.com/Flame_Boss_Products

Comment

Jon Solberg Who needs a fan to do the work for them??

Comment

Huskee - anyone who wants to sleep through the night while doing a low/slow cook

Jim

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                It was only a joke, poking fun at my buddy Jon a little. But I've never had to cook through the night regardless.

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
              Jon Solberg Who needs a fan to do the work for them??
              Good point Huskee

That said I do own a partyQ. I like to think of a fan as BBQ insurance. You know those wet rainy windy days the we seldom see up here in our neck of the wood and dinner is a 3:00pm. I wanted a WiFi therm and these guys seem to have a formula that works plus a fan.

Like I said BBQ insurance.

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                I've heard a lot of good comments about the Flame Boss. Let us know when you've checked it out.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here