Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flame Boss 300!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flame Boss 300!

I pulled the trigger on a FB 300. Hope to have it up and running for a weekend review. I'm thinking WMS and a butt for the first round.

Of course I may just get crazy and go butt on the Jumbo Joe with the SnS charcoal basket. I love the fact that a standard pipe adaptor is used for a mount. I can cheaply rig sever cookers for the FB.
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; May 25, 2017, 08:21 AM.

Congrats on the new toy. Don't forget the pics when you fire it up on your next cook.

Comment

Nice Jon! I look forward to hearing what you think. I am still holding out for a Fireboard expansion. Hopefully that comes soon!

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Spinaker , for the additional info.

K.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I am not sure when it will happen, but I imagine that is why that port is on the Fireboard. fzxdoc As soon as it comes out, I am in! Hopefully the fan will fit my inducer.............

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Fireboard just added in app alerts in the application. That's kinda important for a fan controller.

Congrats on your new toy, Jon Solberg ! Have fun with it and keep us posted on how you like it. Sounds like a good idea to have a standard adapter that allows you to use it on several cookers.

Kathryn

Comment

Don't forget to share your DeviceID so we can watch your cook!

best regards,

Jim

Comment

Yeah, that 300 would be sweet on a vertical cooker. hmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Your right J-Rod! Reminds me I need to get that Bandera running soon lol lol

Comment

HERE WE GO! Going to be a fun weekend!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9836.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	282.9 KB
ID:	323950 Let's do this!

Comment

• RobertC
                RobertC commented
                Editing a comment
                Very nice. Can you please take a photo showing how the blower is attached?

• Craigar
                Craigar commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice view in the background. Can that thing pull double duty as a fish finder? Ha! Yes, I am jealous. Congrats on the new toy!

IMG_9827.JPG
              RobertC. The blower is attached with a standard 3/4" electrical chase nipple for a few bucks from HD. One also comes with the kit. A one inch hole is drilled for that and it pops right in the nipple. You use a standard 3/4 pipe cap in the nipple when your not using the FB. It's a sweet set up which slows you to add it to multiple Cooker for not 20 bucks each.

There addaptors for WSM and ceramics so you done have to drill them.
              Last edited by Jon Solberg; May 26, 2017, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9827.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	324076 Here's the pics. Sorry Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9828.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	324075

Comment

Suh-Weet, Jon Solberg !!!
                  'Tis a Brave Man ya are;
                  I'll not be blowin' 1" holes in any o' my Webers, anytime soonish...
                  Lookin' fwd to this cook, though!

Comment

It's not about the cooker Mr B. It's about the food. Heheheheheh
                    Mr. Bones

Every cooker I own gets ported for proper cable management. I kinda like that word "ported" sounds better that drilling right? I need to change the title on the old video below maybe.

Here's an oldie but goodie of a porting:

This video is about Drillin N Grillin
                    Last edited by Jon Solberg; May 26, 2017, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Cool video! Still gives me th' Willies, though!
                      One of my CL 22.5's has been ported, thusly, but I haven't th' Intestinal Fortitude to take a drill, er, um, porter to any of my vintage (60's-) Kettles.

First run on the FB 300 I'm happy. It performed as advertised. I still haven't tested the messaging side of things. Today I'll do a hot fast cook with it and check that stuff out.

Here a not so good pic of end. ( bad pic, late Friday night, holiday weekend, you can draw your own conclusions hehehehehe)

Comment

• RobertC
                      RobertC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very nice. How closely to the target was the temperature controlled?

• Jerod Broussard
                      Jerod Broussard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I see bark and protruding bone so that is a puuuuuuuuurrrrrfect pic.

Not knowing anything about it, is this similar to the PartyQ? Do you completely close the bottom vent when using it? What about the top vent?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                      Jerod Broussard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This should be similar to any fan blower device. You would close bottom vents and minimize the air flow from the top vents since you want the fan contributing most if not all the air flow. I will close my top vents down to about 1/4 when using my Auber fan.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here