Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tappecue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tappecue

Has anyone invested in the Tappecue Temperature Monitoring System? The reason I say "invested" is it sells for $199 which seems high for a remote thermometer device. That being said it does operate via WiFi and seems to be well received by the BBQ community. Or is an Icelsius just as good for less $? Thoughts?

I have it. I'm pretty happy with it and feel totally comfortable recommending it. I use it for most cooks, it's been reliable and helpful. It is $200, but it's also 4 probes. Even if you're not cooking meat that needs 4 probes, you can use the extras to monitor the performance of your pit, see how it's working under difference conditions, learn if it has hot spots etc. for when you have larger cooks. By monitor I mean it produces charts, so if you're taking notes you can really see what's going on with your meal.

Their customer service is excellent too.

Comment

• bep35
      bep35 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the feedback!

Well, let me be frank (oh, wait, that one's taken already )...I couldn't agree more.

They have added some new gear recently that makes the Tappecue even better (heavy duty probes with moisture resistant wraps (good when using water trays), and a water-proof enclosure).

The only "issue" I have is checking for software updates on the PC side. Now, it's still a manual operation where you need to go to their website and check the version number.

Comment

Looks good.

My Icelsius is in the shop.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here