Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woohooo!!! Auber 10cfm on the 26 kettle....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woohooo!!! Auber 10cfm on the 26 kettle....

After multiple cooks with the 6.5cfm just not gettin' it on the 26 kettle, I went ahead and ordered an Auber 10cfm complete set while the wife was enough states away from Texas to be in Ohio.

Just got it going on the first cook and this dude rocks. I widened the "blow hole" with the dremel tool to match the fan opening.

Just seeing the size of the 10cfm when it came in I knew this dude was going to get it right.

I can't imagine how big a 20cfm would be. Guess I'll have to order a specific cooker to accommodate that size and find out. Might need the wife to go to Alaska for that.

Great to hear! I've not ordered anything new in several weeks so I'm living my MCS through you tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzydaddy View Post
      Great to hear! I've not ordered anything new in several weeks so I'm living my MCS through you tonight.
      Glad I could be of help.

"You wanna go where everybody knows your temp"

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170329_195152.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	275.7 KB
ID:	296529

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice monitoring station!

Somehow I'm not surprised you are around a lot of hot air Jerod.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Where's that freaking banaanananana pic....????

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Doh!!!! Hehehe

Name:	bananasf.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	296563

Jerod - your up.

Comment

Originally posted by RonB View Post

Name:	bananasf.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	296563

Jerod - your up.
        Yeah, I lazy

Name:	IMG_20170329_205136.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	296574

Comment

Lol lol

Comment

Last night I ordered a 10cfm Auger for a Primo Oval XL. I chose the cheapest shipping option..... Thing is I don't have the Primo yet but the cheap shipping option gives me time.. There are vendors here Down Under I just have to go pick one up. Lol...,Is ordering accessories first bananas?????
            MCS Rules!!!!
            ​​​​​

Comment

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              That is brilliant! You gave me a new strategy that works better than "the wife is a few States away". I was going with Jerod Broussard 's idea but this is cunning. Buy the accessory first and you have not choice but to get the big ticket item.

• Steve Vojtek
              Steve Vojtek commented
              Editing a comment
              👍👍👍👍

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
            After multiple cooks with the 6.5cfm just not gettin' it on the 26 kettle, I went ahead and ordered an Auber 10cfm complete set while the wife was enough states away from Texas to be in Ohio.

Just got it going on the first cook and this dude rocks. I widened the "blow hole" with the dremel tool to match the fan opening.

Just seeing the size of the 10cfm when it came in I knew this dude was going to get it right.

I can't imagine how big a 20cfm would be. Guess I'll have to order a specific cooker to accommodate that size and find out. Might need the wife to go to Alaska for that.
            I have a 20 CFM on my large COS it works great but it will get the fire box too hot on start up if I'm not careful

Comment

Originally posted by Darchie03 View Post

I have a 20 CFM on my large COS it works great but it will get the fire box too hot on start up if I'm not careful
              Yeah, the 10cfm so far is very careful not to overshoot. I think they recommend manually bringing up the temp as close as you can then switching the fan on. I got one more round tonight and if no more orders come in less meat than I cooked last night.

Comment

• Darchie03
                Darchie03 commented
                Editing a comment
                Jerod Broussard, It's not that it overshoots but the fire box can get way to hot while the temp is coming up. it even caught some grease on fire that that had leaked on to the bottom of the fire box.

• Jerod Broussard
                Editing a comment
                Darchie03 I insulated my firebox, but grease is still grease.

Jerod Broussard, Congrats on Your 10 CFM Auber T Controller! But I "Really" Need Your 26" Weber Kettle❓❓. I Think ! My Pit Viper Fan went on Extended Vacation on a Beer Can Turkey Breast Smoke this Past Sunday❓ On Tuesday I Visited with Laurie, Product Support, at BBQGURU.Com and She Immediately told Me to take the Fan Off The Weber and Take It Apart and Check for Broken Wires or Connections! Sure Enough She Was Right! As I had Bought the DigiQ DX-2 & Pit Viper, 2nd Hand from another Pit Club Member in 2015, I didn't expect Anything! To Make a Long Story Short A New Pit Viper Fan Will be Here Tomorrow! Damned Good Service IMHOP!
              Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Jerod Broussard
              Where did you put the "blow hole" you mentioned at the start of the thread? I have a 26" kettle with SNS and want to install a ball valve so I can add and remove a fan as desired. I'm hesitant to put it directly under the SNS due to ash falling in it (and blowing ash around), but am also hesitant to put it too far away from the coals fearing the air will exit the exhaust vent without feeding the flame.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Editing a comment
                You want it across somewhere just under the charcoal grate. On a 22 you need to make sure you are in between the ash sweeper blades. And I always cover that part of the charcoal grate that is not covered by the SnS.

• sorensen_j
                sorensen_j commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the info!

Jerod Broussard have you needed to make any adjustments to the programming with the 10 cfm on your wsm 18.5”?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Editing a comment
                I just have mine on a 26 kettle. No WSM's, although I almost bought a 270 WSM once.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here