Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone running a fan system on a 26" kettle??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone running a fan system on a 26" kettle??

I just ordered another Auber (10cfm) since the 6.5cfm doesn't cut it for the 26". I have a pork butt fundraiser coming at the end of the month and with the 6.5cfm on the Pit Barrel compensating for the "stall dip", and the 10cfm on the 26" hopefully keeping things a rollin', I should be able to sleep most the night.

I think Dan the Man uses a fan on his kettles...

Comment

Breadhead, Jerod Broussard, I do Use My DigiQ Dx-2 on Both my Weber 22 1/2 Kettle with the Viper Fan, and the Oklahoma Joe Offset Smoker with the Pit Bull Fan! I am Pleased with Moving the Controller from one to the Other!
      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Dan the Man... I've pretty much decided to use my 26" Weber and SnS for grilling & short Smoke jobs like ribs, so I don't need the fan.

I do long low and slow smoke jobs, 12 to 16 hours, where I intend to sleep for 8 hours, on my large BGE with the DigiQ Dx2 with the fan. I know I could do the same cook on the Kettle but... I'm not the handiest guy around and drilling a big hole in my kettle is above my paygrade for that kind of work.😎

The Kettle I use for grilling and short smoke jobs, ribs, 7 hours or less. I tried baking bread and pizza on the Kettle but that cooker is just not made for those tasks, compared to a Kamado.

Comment

Are you staying with the same controller and just ordering the larger fan?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          No, I need two controllers so I can run two grills at once.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here