Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flame Boss 300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flame Boss 300

No, that isn't a typo. Flame Boss has been working on the FB 300 with three meat probes for a while now. How do I know? Last year I was considering buying a controller, and I sent a message to Flame Boss asking them if they might in the future come out with a multi probe unit. I got a reply from Michael Collins with the information that they were working on it, and he invited me to beta test it. So I have been using it since last summer. It is great! I often cook multiple tri tips or chickens or pork loins, and it is nice to be able to monitor all of them at the same time.

The FB 300 will look just like the FB 200, but it uses splitters for the extra probes. The circuitry is different, so it isn't something that can turn a 200 into a 300 with firmware. The display looks the same, but the meat temp reading cycles through the three probes. The graph uses different colors for each probe (not useful if you are colorblind). Other than one software update that wouldn't complete, which Michael fixed very quickly, it has worked perfectly. Mine is a beta so it is still labeled as a 200, and the splitters on mine are inline rather than angled, but I understand that will be changed on the production model.

I had a non-disclosure agreement with Flame Boss, so I have been patiently awaiting the release information so I could tell my forum friends about this. I highly recommend it. I did learn to control my temps on the XL BGE manually, but this makes it even easier, and I can watch the cook and control it from anywhere I have an internet connection. I give it five stars!

I found this video on another site.

Awesome!!!! Great review too! What a cool deal, getting to be the Beta.

Comment

Yno, Just what Spinaker Said! It Would Appear the Flame Boss is the Real Deal! Keep us Updated if You Will!
      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

It really was kind of fun evaluating it and giving them my feedback. Plus I wasn't put in the position of buying something and wanting to replace it soon.

Comment

All this info about the Flame Boss 300 on the one day I was out cold in surgery. Just saw it now. Glad your test went well and I see the 300 unit is available for sale. Two probes is enough for me so I'm keeping the 200 which works great too

i've had a little problem with the meat probe jack keeping contact on occasion so I called today to see if I could send it in for repair. It's past the 1 year warrant by several months.

They asked for the serial number and told me that a few if the oldest models had problems with the jacks.

Asked me to test the probes and the told me to send a photo of the serial number on the unit. Then told me a new unit is on the way and to send the old one back after the new one gets here. Even included a prepaid shipping label. Top notch customer service in my mind

best regards,

Jim

Comment

• ZombieZZR
            ZombieZZR commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow! That is great customer service.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here