Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Auber Owner Looking for Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Auber Owner Looking for Advice

Hello,

I purchased an Auber temp controller to use on overnight cooks on my Vision Classic B kamado. I am interested to hear from any users, specifically kamado users, on how they modify their start up routines to accommodate using the temp controller.

When not using the Auber unit I simply light one (for low & slow) or two (smoke roasting or grilling) spots in the fire bowl and start to adjust my vents as I approach my target temp so as to coast to my target.

Do you wait until reaching your target temp before installing and activating the Auber unit, or do you install and activate the Auber unit prior to reaching your target temp and let the Auber unit get you to the target temp?

I Dont have a Auber unit. I have a IQ110 but it does just what you explained that you do. I use a ring of fire minion method. So I let one or two starter cubes get a few coals going, then after about 10 min I shut up the akorn kamado and let the unit do the work. It blows the fan top speed until about 15 to 20 degrees before the temp I set and then lets the temp ease up to my target temp. I gotta believe that that is the way all units behave. My little faux kamado is much smaller than yours but yours will hold temp much better. So let the coals get established then let the unit do its job. enjoy the Cook!!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      The Auber does a great job in my kettle of just slowing bring the temp up and not over shooting.

Thank you both. Seems logical, but I guess I was looking for confirmation. Thanks for doing just that.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here