Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard Rain Protector....you gotta get yourself one of these!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Fireboard Rain Protector....you gotta get yourself one of these!

    After years (read: seconds) of research and thought, I am happy to announce the final design of my Fireboard Controller Rain Protector. Behold the answer to your dreams:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2603.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	4.21 MB
ID:	1887509

    I will be retailing these in two popular colors, the OG Blue ($45) and Sleek Black ($55). There will be limited edition of white which will also sport my autograph for $110.

    Dealer inquiries welcome.

    #2
    Yup. BTDT. I usually use one of these:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	166
Size:	970.7 KB
ID:	1887519​

    Comment


    • Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      My design is more form-fitting and stylish lol.

    #3
    Rain protectors are not needed in DFW..... got anything to protect them from overheating?

    Comment


    • Oak Smoke
      Oak Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      No kidding!

    • Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      Seriously! (And I just remembered mine is now in direct sunlight!) What I wish the app/website did is let you read its internal temperature sensor, maybe even graph it on the main chart.

    #4
    I put mine in a ziploc that there is extra fancy

    Comment


    • texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Same, and I can read through it too

    • Jessterr
      Jessterr commented
      Editing a comment
      +5

    • HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      +6

    #5
    It works!

    Im planning on cutting a few holes in some tupperware and putting a few grill ports in. Fireboards and moisture are not friends, i’ve had to send one back 3 times. It could probably sent back again.
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; September 20, 2026, 03:20 PM.

    Comment


      #6
      I use a carport.

      Comment


      • realdocBBQ
        realdocBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Fancy rich folk...

      • texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        POUNDSIGNfirstworldsolutions

      #7
      For the discriminating gentleman who only wants the best in protection ......

      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	121
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	1887820​

      Comment


      • Oak Smoke
        Oak Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        If you ever want to see how bright your friends are divide them up in teams and see who figures how to get a full bottle of ketchup in one of those first. It’s quite simple. Just blow it up and put it on the top of the bottle. You can literally pour it in.

      • Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Oak Smoke And you know this how? 🤓

      • Oak Smoke
        Oak Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John a party long ago. Alcohol was involved. Another reason I gave it up.

      #8
      You should get a patent.

      Comment


      • Michael_in_TX
        Michael_in_TX commented
        Editing a comment
        I actually asked ChatGPT to design me a USTPO application for this, just to see what it would do. It (not sure why I was surprised at this) took me uncomfortably seriously and drafted one, even praising me on my innovation. The sycophancy was kinda gross. I closed the window.

      • realdocBBQ
        realdocBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Gross is right. It is incredible how intensively it was programmed to kiss ass.

      #9
      Originally posted by Purc View Post
      Rain protectors are not needed in DFW..... got anything to protect them from overheating?
      Here ya go. Mini umbrella. 😆
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2227.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	1888038

      Comment


        #10
        Had to cook a Butt on the Searwood in the rain leading up to a coastal Nor' Easter. Didn't want to risk water getting into the receptacle. Grocery bag and duct tape for the win.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1241.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	4.64 MB
ID:	1888064

        Comment


          #11
          Michael_in_TX I was thinking of your ingenuity and genius as shown in this topic when I saw a “Michael” who was a university professor in Texas interviewed on 60 minutes about AI data centers. Any chance that was you?

          Comment


          • Michael_in_TX
            Michael_in_TX commented
            Editing a comment
            lol....alas, no, that is not me, I'm not that cool. I saw the interview...that is Michael Webber over at UT Austin. He is a prolific author and holds a dual appointment in Mechanical Engineering and Public Affairs. He's given a few talks at our PBS station a few times (one of his books was turned into a documentary). He's considered to be an expert on the design and use of energy resources.

          • jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Michael_in_TX oh well. I was kinda hopeful, as exclaimed to my wife "Hey! I might KNOW that guy!"....

          #12
          When you get a chance, check and see if you got a message in your inbox from me

          Comment


            #13
            Haha, I thought the new generation was water proof, or at least rain proof. I guess it has been, so far. But maybe I need to look into this.

            Comment


            • Michael_in_TX
              Michael_in_TX commented
              Editing a comment
              It might be, but there is water resistant....and then there is water resistant to typical summer southern United States torrential afternoon thunderstorms.

            • Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, BIG difference I am sure. Heck, we've been in a drought this whole summer. Although, we have had more rain this last few weeks.

          Announcement

          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          0
          Guest
          Guest
          500
          ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
          7