Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flame boss 200 vs Cyberq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flame boss 200 vs Cyberq

I recently purchased a Primo XL 400 and I'm comparing controllers now. I'm leaning toward the flame boss 200 unit but getting a BBQ guru pit viper blower to go with it. Anyone used both of these? I hear the flame boss wifi is a lot easier to set up. However I do like that cyberq has 3 food probes. Thanks for the advice.

I just bought a CyberQ maybe two weeks ago. For me, the two most important things to monitor are the pit temp and the fan output. For the CQ you have to scroll down or up to see each because the display only shows tow items at a time and the fan output is below all the temps. The FB has a much better display of info. I don't know if seeing the FB might have changed my decision, but on the first cook I did with the CQ I immediately thought that the fan output should be next to the pit temp so that you could see it without scrolling.

Comment

Earls71 - Do yourself a favor and hold off on buying any type of controller. I'm a former Primo owner and I never used a controller on any of my Primo cooks. I cooked Primo for quite a few years. I cooked a lot of butts and briskets. I did a lot of overnight cooks and never ever had to worry about the fire going out. Just do some cooks on your Primo without a blower and see what you think. I have a CyberQ and it is nothing but wasted money. Any good 2 probe remote thermometer will give you all the security you'll need for overnight cooks.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here