Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice, PartyQ or similar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice, PartyQ or similar

I have a 22" Weber Performer, works fairly well for what I need now. Temp control is doable, but a bit of a pain, so I've been thinking about getting something like the PartyQ to make it a little less manual labor.

Background: Work with US Army in South Korea, space is limited here but APO address lets me get anything I need shipped.

Issue is, I will most likely be doing an international move next year, and will not be taking my grill with me. I plan to get a 26" after the move, and possibly more (I might actually get a yard...). Because of this, I don't want to drill into it, I'd rather sell or give away as is.

Anyone have experience using these devices without drilling? The site says it's possible, but how well does it really work?

Valsacar The SnS works great with the 22 or 26 Weber kettle. Go to www.abcbarbecue.com and check it out.

Comment

• Valsacar
      Valsacar commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually just got it last month, used it this morning to smoke some bacon and about to cook some steaks!

I use an Auber, but can't imagine using it without drilling a hole for it.

Comment

Did a little more research, the IQ110 looks like it might do what I need. According to the AR review, it's an ok unit. Anyone happen to have experience with it?

Comment

I think David Parrish has used one or similar in the past.
        Last edited by Jerod Broussard; September 14, 2015, 03:35 AM.

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          I still have the IQ110. I used it with a Kamado cooker so really can't say how it'd work with a kettle.

I have the CyberQ WiFi which I really enjoy, but I'm an IT geek/gadget freak. You can sell me anything if you make it WiFi or Bluetooth. That is probably overkill for you, particularly if you are moving globally, but the fan/controller aspect should be the same as the PartyQ. I think it is a great unit, as long as you understand how it works.

I use mine on a ceramic Kamado and you do not want to over-shoot your temperature since those beasties will take ages to cool back down. I find the fan's attempts to get up to temp are a little too aggressive for the Kamado. I overcome this by setting the temp on the controller under by about 25* and let it go ahead and over-shoot to what is usually right around where I do want it. Once it peaks and starts to stabilize, I correct the temp on the controller and it stays very steady.

On a less insulated cooker, I don't think you'll have this problem and can probably just dial in the controller and let it do its thing, but it takes a little experimentation.

Jim

Comment

• Valsacar
          Valsacar commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm a Sysad, so I too like my toys. That's pretty cool looking, but I assume it requires drilling so doesn't fit what I need for now.

• jholmgren
          jholmgren commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm honestly not sure - I guess drilling (or not) does depend on your cooker. The kamado did not need any modifications to attach the fan, it fits on a bracket that slides into the lower vent.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here