Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Fryers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Fryers??

OK....Now that I have a Job and theoretically will be getting a regular paycheck, My wife (Linda) is insisting (strongly suggesting) that we get an Air Fryer that has all of the gadgets that is in the range of $200.00 (Cuisinart) The Ninja is roughly half the price...But does it do the same thing? Can the Ninja make a piece of toast? I have MCS like anyone else does..Especially if my wife is giving the green light.

Air Fyers? Any thoughts?

I have the ninja that looks like a toaster oven and flips up against the wall when not in use. Works well, does make toast too Only downside to it versus some others is the height limitations when using the air fryer basket. I tried hassleback taters in it and a couple of those were too tall. My wife bakes bagels in it every week too.

Comment

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      glitchy Thanks...All points duly noted.

I have a Ninja Foodi. Don't think it toasts but never thought of doing that. 5 functions as seen in the picture. Used it tonight for a burger in grilling mode. The crisper basket and grill still drying off. I still have not used the dehydrate function. Someday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201123_224152.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	944460Click image for larger version

Name:	20201123_224232.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	944461

Comment

I don’t have an air fryer, so can’t help you there. And I don’t remember if you have a blackstone griddle....but.....you could always get the blackstone griddle/air fryer combo

I’ve seen some great prices on those the last few weeks!

Comment

We bought the Ninja Max XL 5.5 qt. Air fryer about three weeks ago for $99.99 from Amazon. We’ve enjoyed using it these past 3 weeks.

I made home made egg rolls in it and they turned out pretty good.

Sunday I roasted a 4 lb. whole chicken in it. It was incredibly juicy and the skin got crispy. A+

We’ve done frozen french fries in it three times. They have turned out great every time.

We decided to get an air fryer under $100 so if it finds it’s way to the kitchen appliances dungeon after 6 months we don’t have too much invested in a dust collector.

If we seem to be still using it regularly after a year we might invest in one with more bells and whistles.

Comment

The Air firer 360 looks real good.
          Check it out.
          Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360
          • 9-in-1 Air Fryer & Multi Cooker
          • Rotating Rotisserie
          • Food Dehydrator
          • Emeril’s Recipe Book
          • Emeril’s Accessory Kit
          • 1500W or 1800W XL Sizes
          this is only a suggestion to check it out.
          Last edited by bbqLuv; November 23, 2020, 10:23 PM.

Comment

A little more than three months ago driven partly by MCS, partly by curiosity, and partly by boredom, we dipped our toes into the air fryer world by investing a whopping $72 in the simplest full-sized, high-quality model we could find: https://www.amazon.com/COSORI-5-8-Qu...=cosori&sr=8-9

Since then it’s been used quite successfully at least 20-30 times ... and we’ve learned a few things:
            1. It’s not a "fryer" at all. It’s a fiercely capable convection oven that can do a pretty good imitation of a blast furnace without heating up the house.
            2. It does a decent job of imitating a fryer for things like French fries.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	14B7056D-2D8B-4BD3-B4CA-568A2A8E10F7.jpeg
Views:	382
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	944491
            3. It turns out some of the finest baked potatoes you’ll ever taste.
            4. We don’t care for the way it roasts veggies (the "blast furnace" tends to overly dehydrate them) so veggies are cooked in a sealed foil pouch.
            5. Heating precooked frozen foods like fried shrimp is a delicious snap.
            6. Haven’t tried a chicken yet but with a fairly deep 5.8 qt drawer, I have high expectations.
            7. Given the "blast furnace" dehydration effect, I expect that there are dried fruits in our future ... assuming I can get it to run at a sufficiently low temp.
            8. The simple concentric dial interface seems to do a good job at pretty much everything a fancier interface with lots of buttons can do. You just have to take responsibility for knowing when it’s time to flip your food.
            9. Most recipes found online are pretty much crap ... so be prepared to tweak and/or develop your own.
            Bottom line: It’s a great countertop addition to the ever growing lineup of cookers and gadgets.

Comment

• glitchy
              glitchy commented
              Editing a comment
              For #9, the best advice I've found so far is for baked stuff you're moving to 'air fry', drop 25 degrees and 25% of time. Seems to be a great starting point at least. Just like grills, every air fryer is probably a little bit different.

• MBMorgan
              MBMorgan commented
              Editing a comment
              glitchy - I’m seeing pretty much the same thing.

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              Pretty much what we did, my wife found the T-FAL Actifry on sale 60% off, paid $49.99 plus taxes.
              Not the biggest or the best but it does the job.

For all those chiming in, if you haven’t tried yet...Pizza Rolls. 6 mins @ 400 in mine. Yep, dumb, but best pizza rolls I’ve ever had (and a few too many times already), Kinda on the lines of what MBMorgan was saying, these things really rock at frozen ‘fried’ foods you would do in the oven. Takes those things much closer to actually frying them.

Comment

• MBMorgan
              MBMorgan commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup 👍

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              My daughter tried breaded pickles and knocked all the breading off them.
              Ours has a rotating basket, she didn't know you could remove the basket to cook.

I got the Blackstone griddle with the air fryer. If MCS is killing you......cooking outside with the griddle and air fryer.....MCS, MCS

Comment

I was JUST looking are the Cuisinart TOA-60. That's the one I have my eye on.

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                Actually, it looks like there is at least one Cuisinart model above that. I would be inclined at this point to purchase the best Cuisinart model.

This might be useful... https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/r...est-air-fryer/

Comment

One of the few kitchen tech items I have not explored.....

Comment

I was able to get this oven for free through one of my credit card rewards programs. Best countertop oven out there but really pricy. Bakes a pan of fry's in 12 minutes. Pre-heats to 400 degrees in 5-7 minutes. Also has the ability to hold foods as low as 140 degrees. I use it to hold pork butts, chucky’s & briskets. Have held things as long as 6 hrs.

Comment

• glitchy
                    glitchy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That looks really nice and versatile. Do you feel its convection works as well as devices labeled as air fryers?

• GroceryBoy
                    GroceryBoy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    glitchy yes it does. I also have the Ninja Air Fryer and much prefer the Wolf oven. Much more versatile and far faster getting to temperature.

We got this for Christmas last year in place of our previous toaster oven that died. Pretty useful in that it does anything from toast to frozen pizzas to fries.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I bought the Emeril Lagasse for $129.00 from Kolhs. Seems like an OK deal. I give updates later.

Comment

• glitchy
                      glitchy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Enjoy, new gadgets are always fun. Meathead should probably spin up another site called AmazingFries.com before someone else does. There seem to be about as many different air fryers as BBQ pits these days. Hope the new job is going well for you too!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here