Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mixer

My wife bought me one of these refurbished KA 600 pro series, sounds like it may be a bit before I get it as you stay on some sort of wait list, I am sure through the holidays they sold a bunch. But, damn this new set of hands adds a whole new group of MCS on the accessories now. My cart is increasingly getting bigger. I am going to have to do some emptying for awhile. I want the pasta maker and the meat grinder attachment both relatively soon.... uh oh... I have to pull the breaks on this truck soon. but, she is going to be out of town in a few weeks, sounds like a perfect window to have a few boxes arrive. LOL

Congrats. That's the one I have.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I am pretty excited! Does not surprise me. I got the review from Serious Eats, not the refurbished one. but figured, it had to be good enough for me, I believe it to be an upper level model for a home kitchen at minimum. Now to know that one of the first replies here is, "I have one." The level of game here is always upper level, and in a good way. In a, if you spend a lot of time cooking and you want to own stuff that makes it a better ownership experience.

That’s a GREAT mixer! Forty years and counting on ours ... congrats!

Comment

The Pro is nice. Too big for my countertops, (I have the Artisan) but really nice.

Comment

• Jim White
        Jim White commented
        Editing a comment
        My new Artisan arrives Thursday to replace my ancient one that's having issues but will go to my daughter for my son in law to repair.

Spend a little extra and go for the all metal grinder. I have the plastic one, but will probably go for the all metal one soon. Dad has the steel one and while mine is adequate, his is a real workhorse.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        100%

• rickgregory
        rickgregory commented
        Editing a comment
        100% agree. The metal one goes on sale for ~65 occasionally and the extra few $$ is totally worth it.

I have that version in white. It is a work horse for sure.

Comment

I have a KA that I don't even remember getting - must be 30 years old now. Old basic white model. And I agree with texastweeter on the grinder - I had the plastic one, gave it away and got the metal one. Works pretty good.

Comment

That’s what we have too. Can’t remember how old it is. Meat grinder works well.

Comment

That's what we have as well.

Comment

Me too, also refurbished. Works great. You won't be sorry. Except for the wait!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here