Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blender

I am going to purchase a new blender. I was looking at the Vitamix. Does anyone have a recommendation?

I try to stick to Kitchenaid appliances.

Comment

Mrs. CN loves her Vitamix. If you get one be sure to get the dry blender. We grind coffee with it and make our own onion and garlic powders.

Comment

I've never owned a Vitamix, but I've used it at relatives' home. I liked it, but I like my Blendtec better. To me Blendtec seems to be a little faster and more thorough. One man's experience.

Comment

I have a Ninja and it’s great.

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have the Ninja and like it a lot. My daughter has the Vitamix and I love it. For what I do I can’t justify the difference in price. For what she does it is well worth the difference.

Vitamix. We have had one for 6 or 7 years; works great.

Comment

i love our Vitamix. Its a great piece of professional equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by scottranda View Post
              I have a Ninja and it’s great.
              Same here. More affordable than the vitamix or blendtec and we havent had one complaint. 4 or so years worth of use and going strong.

Comment

I'm in the Vitamix camp. The first one lasted 15 years until Mrs. OmegaDog decided to spray paint it to match the new kitchen!. Try the online store - I got a factory refurbished model for $80 of the new price
                The OmegaDog

Comment

• Argoboy
                  Argoboy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We have a Vitamix too and like it.

wouldn't know, but I still have my Osterizer blender my parents gave to me as a Christmas present for a young kid starting out on his own. Blender must be 40 years old now. Still works fine. Made salsa on Saturday and gonna use it to make Asparagus soup tonight.

Good luck and happy hunting

Comment

• scottranda
                  scottranda commented
                  Editing a comment
                  40 years?? Wow!!

My dad got his Vitamix at the Cleveland Boat Show in the mid 60's. He played sax, and took me to meet Louis Armstrong, which I did - I still remember shaking his hand.

Louis is gone now, but sometime in the next 20 years I'll inherit that Vitamix blender. What does that tell you?

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                  ComfortablyNumb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Louis don’t last forever and the Vitamix doesn’t play trumpet.

Ninja and a Waring Bar Blender. I don’t use a blender often but the Waring easily gets used the most.
                On & pulse are the only options but it handles 99% of what I need a blender to do.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                  ComfortablyNumb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't use a blender often....but when I do I make an ass kicking margarita. Stay thirsty, my friend.

Vitamix fer sure. It’s a noisy commercial grade beast ... so much so that SWMBO is so scared of it that we also keep a much older Kitchenaid blender in case she needs to use one.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here