Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Otto Wilde vs. Beefer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Otto Wilde vs. Beefer

Experience the best in outdoor cooking with Otto Wilde's infrared grills. Perfect for steakhouse-quality meals on the go with our portable outdoor grill.

Beefer Online store is unavailable until further notice [2023/03/16] Do you have questions about a current order? Get in touch with the sales team in Germany: [email protected]

I would be interested to see a compare and contrast. Based on the limited info out there, it seems the Beefer has a bit better design. The Beefer has one design for home use and a few other for restaurant. The Otto Wilde only home use it seems. Beefer is slightly less but still requires a strong drink before looking at the price, both German made which helps explain the high cost. If someone could get something to the market at around half the price I could maybe see a market for it. Further Using a Weber kettle and Slow-N-Sear I suspect one could get even better results. Hopefully Max will be able to get a review to test the concept.

Yeah, gasping for air at the price. Wonder why it’s so expensive? But, they’re business owners and can set the price to whatever they want.

Comment

I'm kinda liking the Beefer. Here's a video that Baby Back Maniac made at the recent Dallas trade show about the product.

Comment

Originally posted by scottranda View Post
        Yeah, gasping for air at the price. Wonder why it’s so expensive? But, they’re business owners and can set the price to whatever they want.
        Why so expensive? It's German, ever look at the price of a BMW, Mercedes Benz or Porsche?
        Were it made in the USA my guess would be half the price, if sourced to China about a third.

Comment

A quick Google search, $500 with Mothers Day Discount Code before May 1 $100 discount. https://www.northfire.com
          German also.
          Last edited by Missin44; April 26, 2019, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Histrix
            Histrix commented
            Editing a comment
            The Inferno is "German designed" but made in China.

Bo Knows.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image_87752.jpg
Views:	2981
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	670529

Comment

Or sear with flat metal skewers over a charcoal chimney for $25.00. That’s how I resist anyway. Click image for larger version

Name:	A5B7EE5A-FCEC-4442-A4A3-344F7346FD80.jpeg
Views:	3002
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	670548

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              If this is a poll I vote yes!
              The others are cost insanity.

Or if you want heat from the top and/bottom you can use two chimney and get it roaring with a fan first.

Click image for larger version

Name:	91070D49-C69B-4A6F-AF0C-6EA836509639.jpeg
Views:	3036
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	670552

Comment

Testing Otto Wilde now. I've had some issues with it. They currently don't have a strong presence in the US. The burners malfunctioned and they had to send a new unit from Germany. They appear to be working on setting up a tent here in the US. Both OW and Beefer are pricey, so I'm hoping to compare them to the $400 Northfire models. Landmann is also working on a similar product in the $400 range. That said, it's amazing to cook on these salamanders. I tend to overcook tuna steaks, no more chicken of the sea for me with OW. Steaks are done in a matter of minutes and they're pretty dang good. Salamanders are a match made in heaven for Sous Vide. But $$$$$

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                With emphasis on the "but $$$$" part.

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Looking forward to this review! Thanks Max!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here