Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food Processor suggestions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Processor suggestions??

Anybody have a good food processor with a medium to high capacity they love? I'd love to find one with around 12 cups capacity that can do just about everything from making pastry dough to blitzing sauces and slicing veggies. I trust you guys more than Amazon reviewers lol. Post your favorites here please!

We like our Ninja, not sure if it's big enough for you, but it's pretty versatile and scalable.

Comment

We've used an awesome Kitchenaid for many years ... but the one we have is no longer part of their lineup. America's Test Kitchen likes this Cuisinart: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AXM4WV2...kequippilot-20

Comment

• mnavarre
        mnavarre commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. I've got that one and it's worked well for what I've used it for. It's also actually nice that it comes with just the basic disks that you pretty much need, but they have a bunch of other accessories you can buy as needed. I'd much rather do that than store a bunch of crap I'll never use.

• Mark N
        Mark N commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing wrong with Cuisinart. The Serious Eats website did a comparison that may help: https://www.seriouseats.com/2017/10/...nt-review.html

• ILikePigButts
        ILikePigButts commented
        Editing a comment
        Mark N I am a huge fan of serious eats. I think they sealed the deal on the Breville 12 cup cous chef for me.

I love my Breville 16 cup food processor. That thing is a beast.

Kathryn

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        We have had a Breville blender, which I really liked, but the spousal unit wanted her VitaMix. In any case, I have had no complaints with any Breville product we've owned. Good company.

• ILikePigButts
        ILikePigButts commented
        Editing a comment
        My top pick is the Breville sous chef 12 cup. I've heard nothing but great things. Thanks for your input.

We have a really old - like 15 year old - Cuisinart that still works well.

Comment

We have this one, the Black & Decker FP2500. Also comes in black. Normally I wouldn't associate Black & Decker with anything very high quality but my wife really likes this one, it gets the job done on the cheap. She scored it on clearance at Target for $7! Hard to pass up such a deal and it's worked out well for us for 5 years or so. We use it only a few times a month so not a ton.

Click image for larger version

Name:	71oZ-VGk1JL._SY879_.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	580382

Comment

What I do know is that the small to medium processors never worked for me. The SMALLEST I have is what I use all the time - diced onions, salsa. I haven't found one big enough yet either. I want something with a variable width slicer that can do a whole tomato or onion - so I'm watching this thread.

Comment

Really old Cuisinarts were made by Robot Coupe, who invented the food processor. I don’t like the newer ones that have the heavy cast base. I owned one for a while and was hard to clean and had sub-par performance.

I returned it it and got a Magimix, which is made and owned by Robot Coupe. WS used to sell them, and last time I checked they still had the large model online only. I love mine but I confess I rarely use it.

Edited to add that WS is selling all the sizes again, but all online only.
            Last edited by mgaretz; October 17, 2018, 11:39 PM.

Comment

We have the Breville BFP800CBXL Sous Chef Food Processor and it is a workhorse.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here