Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Beefer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Beefer

It's been around for a while, but this broiler puts out some insane heat, 1500*. Anyone had any experience with this? It's on the expensive side so not for me but would love to have that kind of sear power !!! www.beefer.com

Maybe they will send you one to test and report to the group!

Comment

Posted on this before. Can’t find it though. I think I’ll stick with my insanity air assisted chimney and other chimneys.

I’m also thinking a 900F reaching outdoor pizza oven would do well and even make pizza also.

Comment

I have an Otto Wilde grill Troutman and it is interesting to say the least. Although I have never tired the beefer, the OWG is fun to use. It has some functional flaws which I have pointed out to the manufacturer although I do not know if they are receptive to my feedback. Some of the things I enjoy with searing are diminished with a unit like this. However, they are powerful tools for the folks who are into sous vide. For the price, it is hard to argue that a chimney couldn't do as good of a job. They are fun, and a really nice companion to sous vide, or even a pellet grill for reverse searing like this boneless ribeye.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1314.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	556892
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1324.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	556893 ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Polarbear777
          Polarbear777 commented
          Editing a comment
          How painful is cleanup?

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Spectacular steak....wow !!

• allsid
          allsid commented
          Editing a comment
          Cleanup is not that bad- but I am not known for running the cleanest cookers. The drip pan filled with water collects the majority of the drippings.

Between SV and this if you had limited outdoor access or rules against charcoal or a constant burn ban I could definitely see this being useful.

Comment

I'm sure some will find it useful but I will stick with using the open flame on my stick burner for searing.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here