Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New mixer needed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New mixer needed

    My wife has asked for a new hand mixer. Yes she could buy one herself but she knows I’ll take the time to find a very good one. She’s had her present one for years and it’s shot. What is a good dependable brand? I can ask google but I don’t trust it. She has a great stand mixer but still uses a hand one fairly often. What would you get?

    #2
    I’ve got this KitchenAid cordless model and really like it! It’s nice using it without having to mess with a cord. Plenty powerful for anything I’ve needed. Comes with a charging cord, a full charge lasts a long time.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3679.png Views:	0 Size:	618.3 KB ID:	1887106

    Last edited by Panhead John; September 19, 2026, 07:18 AM. Reason: Mine has been replaced with this model in the link.

    Comment


      #3
      Consumer Reports rates the Cuisinart Power Advantage HM-6P1 at number 1 with a wide gap over other brands and models. It states price around $65

      Comment


        #4
        Here's what AI told me:

        The KitchenAid Go Cordless Hand Mixer is the best cordless hand mixer for most people.

        It has 7 speeds, soft start, a removable rechargeable battery, and roughly an hour of runtime—enough for several batches of cookies, cakes, whipped cream, or frosting. It’s comfortable to use and performs well on butter, sugar, and chocolate chips. Yahoo1

        Main drawbacks: it’s relatively expensive, includes only beaters—not a whisk or dough hooks—and may struggle or shut off with very dense dough. Yahoo2

        Best for: baking where outlet access is inconvenient and avoiding a cord matters more than maximum power.

        If you frequently make bread or stiff dough, choose a corded mixer instead; cordless models generally sacrifice some sustained power. For a cordless mixer, though, the KitchenAid Go is the strongest overall pick.
        ​

        Bold type was my idea.

        Comment


        #5
        I now buy only kitchenaid kitchen appliances when they make them. They have never let me down.

        Comment


        • Oak Smoke
          Oak Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          texastweeter I was just looking at those. There aren’t many cons in the reviews.

        #6
        ATK also picked the Cuisinart Power Advantage PLUS 9-Speed Hand Mixer as the best.

        ​

        Comment


          #7
          This will never fail you, even works during extended power outages.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	vintage-mixer-7998180.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	1887174

          Comment


          • Oak Smoke
            Oak Smoke commented
            Editing a comment
            My mother in law had an extensive collection of those. I had no idea that there were so many different old ones. It was kind of sad to see them boxed up and sent to an estate sale.

          #8
          KA or Cuisinart. Both brands are represented in my arsenal and have held their own. One thing, and this sounds crazy…. If you go with corded, make sure the cord is properly laid out based on the outlet and whether wifey is left handed or right handed.

          why: my sister sent me a Food Network brand hand mixer a while back. She couldn’t stand using it because of the cord (she’s a righty). At the time I needed one and she sent it to me. She did not really explain why, just said she hated it. I didn’t debate, because I choose my battles 🤪 I’ll be damned if I hated it too. I’m a righty. Now, if you have an island with outlets at the counter level, lucky wifey!

          maybe I just talked you into cordless 🤣🤣🤣

          Edit: or what he said ☝🏼
          Last edited by SheilaAnn; September 19, 2026, 11:49 AM. Reason: 58limited comment 🤓

          Comment


          • Oak Smoke
            Oak Smoke commented
            Editing a comment
            The wife is a south paw. Who ever laid out our kitchen was afraid of being more than a couple of feet from an outlet. They’re everywhere. Right now I’m leaning toward KA. Thank you!

        Announcement

        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        0
        Guest
        Guest
        500
        ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
        7