Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a New Cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a New Cooker

I'm placing this in this channel. If not correct, mods move as you see fit. We've had an Breville oven for about 8 years. It started showing it's age, just like me. My wife saw the infomercial sent me a link from Kohls. She had a 30% off coupon, so why not. It's the Emeril Power AirFryer 360. A lot more than an AirFryer. Putting it though the test since we received it. Baked, toasted and Air Fry. So far it's done the job. Today I'm using the slow cook option. I'm doing pork country style ribs. If all goes well, I'll post in the show me what you are cooking thread. It's set at 250 and I put it on for 3 hours. I've also placed the DOT with a probe to monitor the ambient temp. It's cycling from 210 to 250. I'm using Meatheads Mouth Watering Country Style Ribs recipe. The other times I have done this was on the PBJ and went about 2.5 to 3 hours.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-01-16 1.29.26 PM.png
Views:	332
Size:	370.1 KB
ID:	1362680

Where do you put the wood chips?

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      When I told my wife was doing the country ribs I said, I think I'll use apple to smoke them. She wasn't amused,

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      The wire basket, top shelf is my guess.

Interested to hear from others who have other types of combo ovens/air fryers like this one.

Comment

Last post/cook for now. I'll let you be the judge. 5 oz. Sirloin and re heat of leftover crispy potato from yesterday. 18 minutes at 400 to 135. Just brined a couple of hours prior and course pepper when ready to consume.

Comment

• Allon
        Allon commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds good...

Hint

We have the very similar Ninja Foodie Flip and use it often. It works well and I really like the flip feature that rotates it from horizontal to vertical when not in use. Cleaning it can be a PIA, but that is more than offset by its convenience.

Comment

I have a Ninja Foodi XL which has the same options but is much larger. Fits a 12 lb turkey! We love it. It is like having a second oven for gatherings/holidays.

Comment

I have this exact air fryer/ toaster oven/ re heater/ broiler...etc..etc....It has it's merits...But It's basically a glorified toaster oven with a fan. I have been using mine for maybe a year and a half. It does certain things well like bake potatoes. I find for air frying somethings are almost burnt and some are undercooked....I have mixed feelings about this tool....It is not a miracle worker like the infomercial...But it has its uses.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here