Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auber KIT-RSRTD PID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auber KIT-RSRTD PID

We inherited a Rancilio Silvia V1 (2001) from a family member a couple years ago. I cleaned it up and refurbished it. It didn’t take much. The thing is a tank. I finally got tired of “surfing” the brew temp using techniques off web pages and how to videos. I got an Auber PID for it. Life is so much simpler now. I know where my boiler temp is, it holds within a degree rather than off/on swings, and I brew when I’m ready. Many brewers now come with a PID. I would recommend the investment if you have an older machine. Mine was WAY out of warranty so there was no worry the modification would impact that. Install took about an hour with my son providing an extra set of hands. It was pretty straight forward as well with good instructions. I ended up cutting some of the older wire zip ties for slack/room during install and added more for cable management.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C1026378-75E1-47CB-8377-6415511B7853.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	1354107

This is really cool! I’ve watched a few videos on modding various brands of machines. This, the Gaggia as well as a Breville Bambino. The Gaggia was a PID as well as a dimmer switch mod to control the flow and the Breville video was also a dimmer switch mod.

Really like the install location as well that you did!

How’s the Espresso quality now that you did this?

Comment

• snowswamp
      snowswamp commented
      Editing a comment
      I enjoy the taste, but I can’t really tell a difference. I had the surfing process down to a possible neurotic condition. I got it more to make it easier on me to brew, be consistent, and have a digital display. Let’s face it, appliances need a digital display.

Is that one of them sue vee things?

Or a new type of pellet pooper?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here