Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need A New Blender/Food Processor….Any Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad you missed out on this deal last month, it was $190. Now it is $289. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...rbished-188-99
    Last edited by 58limited; December 27, 2021, 12:34 PM.

Comment

BLENDER: a lot of people here and elsewhere will highly recommend the Vitamix (all for very good reasons) As an alternative, consider the BlendTec blender of Youtube WILL IT BLEND fame. both of these blenders are regularly roadshow'd at Sam's Club/Costco, so if you have time to wait until those events occur, you may benefit from extra goodies in the package vs buying either of them outright.

SPICE GRINDER: consider a dedicated coffee-grinder style appliance specific for grinding spices. Kitchenaid has a combo spice/coffee grinder that has worked well for us. Has separate grinder "jars" to keep the one you'd use for coffee separate from the one you'd use for spices, to try to keep flavors separated. there's benefit in grinding spices in a smaller container rather than in a larger blender, especially if you're not trying to grind up a lot of whatever flavor you're looking for. Model #BCG211OB

Comment

• Santamarina
        Santamarina commented
        Editing a comment
        I have an old blade-style "coffee grinder" that I’ve used for spices for well over a decade. Probably paid less than $10 for it.At that price it’s a no-brainer to have two grinders!

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Have a magic bullet that an employee gifted me. Only use it sees is spices.

I desperately want a BlendTec. I have never seen one in person let alone used one, but their marketing was a series of videos on YT called "Will it blend?" The cheesy music, lab coats, and absolute ridiculousness of the items they blended for fun just to see got me hooked! Lol. I have been known to rewatch those videos for hours.
      Last edited by RickyBobby; December 27, 2021, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Oops ... I'll confess to a major brain fart in my earlier reply while only remembering two reasons that I use a food processor:

"1. Thin-sliced cabbage for sauerkraut. I can do the same with my chef's knife, but the FP is faster. If I use my knife, it's all that needs cleaning. If I use the FP, it AND the knife that I used for cutting cabbage down into chunks that fit into the FP both need cleaning.
        2. Gyoza dough and filling in the FP (does great).
        That's it. If my wife didn't also use it, probably wouldn't have one. Except for MCS ."

I'll also add #3. Grinding meat for burgers, brats, sausages, etc. I don't use a dedicated grinder ... just the regular blades in my FP. And it works great. DUH!

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Super fine mince of veggies for meat loaf. Chopping nuts, in place of a mandolin for taters (missing the tip of a pinky to one) grating large quantities of cheese, few other tasks.

Ah, you took the MCS fun out of this! Seriously, you may want to consider a handheld immersion blender. Something like this: https://smile.amazon.com/Mueller-Aus...s%2C178&sr=8-3

We have a Cuisinart FP, which you can use to blend. However, I also have a handheld blender like the one I posted as a SS gift a few years ago. It works great. Mine came with a cup/bowl you put coarse lay chopped food into, like chilis reconstituted, and then blend away. Has multiple speeds and such.

Just a thought and it certainly saves space.
        Last edited by GolfGeezer; December 27, 2021, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Cuisinart food processor. I have had several and it this one goes today will purchase another one.

Comment

Listen to me John. Do what 58limited references above, invest in a refurbished Vita-Mix. I’ve had one for about a year now. Thing came out of the box looking like brand new. It’s so powerful that I’ve rarely turned it up past 5 out of 10 on the dial and it will liquify anything you cook. If you paid attention to my Taco Chronicles recipes (remember those?) I mention blending dry peppers with mine a number of times. I still strain but rarely have to.

Run, don’t walk to your computer and order one now!!!

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              They’re out of refurbished. Damn, until I started looking around today, I didn’t know blenders were so expensive. I probably bought my current piece of crap for $40. back in the 90’s. Oh well, I do need one.

• ofelles
              ofelles commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll 2nd this. Plus I bought a refurbished KitchenAid mixer 7qt. Best investments.

Had an old Breville that started leaking. Upgraded to a Vitamix. Awesome power. Highly recommend.

Comment

Been wanting a Blendtec for years, but haven’t been able to kill our blender yet!

My wife and I got a Ninja blender as a wedding gift 10 years ago. That one died within a year…thankfully it was under warranty. It’s replacement has been going strong ever since. It was used probably 1x per week for most of its years, but it’s seen daily use for the last two years and it’s rock solid.

Comment

Panhead John I just looked at the Vitamix homepage and they are advertising them for $199.00 (refurb). The red one is in stock:

{{widget type="Vitamix\AemWidget\Block\Widget\AemFragment" aem_fragment_url="content/experience-fragments/vitamix/magento/product_feature/shop/certified-reconditioned-explorian/us.html"}}#html-body [data-pb-style="646C4E31D28FC"]{justify-content: flex-sta

Comment

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The red would clash with my nail polish.

• 58limited
                  58limited commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just do a light whitewash over it and it will then match the pink decor of your condo.

• texastweeter
                  texastweeter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Panhead John but it would go with your lipstick.

Some of those have all the bells & whistles. O_o
                Given how often I need/use a blender I decided to not go crazy the last time I purchased one. (Very uncharacteristic. LOL)

Anyway, a picked up a commercial bar blender relatively cheap. It has one switch…and does On or Pulse. I didn’t need "eleventeen" different settings & speeds… I simply needed it to blend, and that it does. A 3/4 HP one can probably be found for around a hundred bucks.

Comment

• RickyBobby
                  RickyBobby commented
                  Editing a comment
                  One of the main reasons I haven’t forked over the cash for the BlendTec I so desire. Lol. That and the fact that I’ve met me and am not certain I could resist the temptation of recreating some of the "don’t try this" will it blend videos. 🤣

I just bought a kitchenaid blender and a kitchenaid processor for Christmas so the kids could put it under the tree. Blender seems top notch, haven't used the processor yet.

Comment

I've wanted a blender for a while for making sauces as well, and I had the same response to the recent post of having my MCS revved up. However, being of strong will, I resisted the temptation.

... For four days. I ordered a Vitamix 5200 this morning

Comment

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  😂😂

I've had a couple of blenders, however, the Vitamix that we have now is by far superior and it has survived long enough that it might be close to paying for itself. In the summer time my wife enjoys slushies and milk shakes and we have burned up a couple of them. The Vitamix is very versatile for sure. Also it is pricey, however, there hasn't been anything that it can't blend without problem. The book that comes with it says it'll make soup. I've never tried, however, that's what it said. Good luck on your search.

Comment

Howdy, PJ! We have a Blendtec that we love. I'd put it up against a Vitamix any day and it's usually cheaper. We've had ours for two years and use it for everything from pureeing chilis to making hot soups in the blender. They ain't cheap, but you get what you pay for. Good luck on your decision.

Make smoothies, hot soup, juice and more with our all-in-one designs—Learn more about why our blenders make the perfect addition to any kitchen!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here