Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Fryer Oven Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Ninja Foodi Grill with probe. Costco has them on sale right now for $139. I really like it. Does a great job grilling (pork chops are the best) but also is a great air fryer. FYI I also own the Breville Smart Oven Air and a Philips XL Air Fryer. The Philips never gets used. The BSOA is an OK air fryer but the Ninja has it beat. Here is my latest cook:

Pork chop and grilled zucchini (cooked together, zukes put in at the flip point):

Click image for larger version

Name:	nfg-pork-chop3.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1098432

Fries made from a raw potato:

Name:	nfg-fries.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1098433

The fries were crisp on the outside and fluffy inside and done in 13 minutes.

Comment

We’ve had the Big Boss air fryer for a few years and love it. $75 on Amazon. Has a large capacity and works like a champ. It’s got a clear glass base so you can see your food cook - an invaluable feature for me.

We’re about to buy a second one - so convenient when making apps for a crowd. Wings, nuggets, mozzarella sticks - basically anything you might toss in the oven or a deep fryer. Dogs, egg rolls, fries…even leftover fries come out good in an air fryer!

Don’t delay, but one today!

Comment

We got the Breville Smart Oven Air back in 2018 for a wedding gift and absolutely love it. High price point, but since there is only 3 of us in the house, it gets used more than our regular oven. Helps keep the kitchen cooler during the summer and heats up quicker with a convection option

Explore 13 smart cooking functions with our advanced smart oven. Air fry, bake, dehydrate, and more - all in one place. Elevate your cooking game effortlessly.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice looking rig but twice my budget. Thanks for the recommendation!!

• Old Glory
          Old Glory commented
          Editing a comment
          Funny we have the same/similar we received as a present for our wedding in 2016. It has Convection Oven cooking. It didn't specifically claim to be an Air Fryer. It is acting up right now so we may be looking at a replacement.

I got this for my daughter last Christmas. She and her family use it several times a week and really like it.

Amazon.com: NuWave 10-quart Brio Healthy Digital Air Fryer with One-Touch Digital Controls, Rotisserie Cooking Capabilities & Advanced Sear, Warm & Stage Cooking Features : Home & Kitchen

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-O.../dp/B07V3NM8QL

I like it. Lots of different settings and heating methods. Only gripe is you can't rotisserie a chicken more than 3lbs. I love the air fry settings, the roast setting, and use it for the best reheated pizza ever!

Edit - Mine is the one pictured. The one on the Instant page may be an newer model.
          Last edited by Porkies; September 22, 2021, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Picked up this one at Costco a year or so ago: https://www.gourmia.com/item.asp?item=10323
            Actually, the link looks like a slightly newer model. We've been happy with it, though we haven't used it a ton. Made thick-cut pork chops in it last week, and they came out great.

Comment

This just came in my COSTCO mailer. I know nothing about air fryers other than what I have on my Blackstone Click image for larger version

Name:	F12765A3-4DAD-4AAF-BF3F-72CB7088F57E.jpeg
Views:	257
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	1098687

Comment

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                Troutman if it stays out all the time, the fact that the Ninja folds up and just takes 7.5" at the back of the counter might be a consideration. I.e. the height becomes the depth when it flips up. I agree that the interior size of the Cuisinart is best though.
                Last edited by jfmorris; September 22, 2021, 08:57 PM.

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                jfmorris The cabinet it would fit under is too low to accommodate the Ninja stood up. Plus the Cuisinart is on sale, sooo….

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                Troutman and BOOM! My thoughts of the Ninja oven fryer are toast. The upper cabinets are just shy of 17", the folded height of the Ninja stood up. So it would probably won't work for me either.

I thought I would post my latest cook with the Ninja Food Grill using Air Crisp mode. Brussels sprouts, tossed in a tsp of oil and cooked for 10 minutes. Nice. The BSOA also does these but takes much longer. It's bigger but takes longer to heat up and doesn't cook as fast (bigger is not necessarily better for an air fryer.) The Philips was a disaster with these - took weeks to get all the leaves out of various nooks and crannies.

I'm quite happy with the NFG and it also grills really well and unlike the Philips it really keeps the smoke down.

Name:	nfg-brus.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	1099024

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you have the Ninja SP301 or the Foodi SP101/FT102CO?

• mgaretz
                mgaretz commented
                Editing a comment
                Neither. It's the LG450. Mine is actually the LG450CO as I got it from Costco where it's currently on sale.

I was able to get this one with reward points on one of our credit cards. Great oven! I love the fact it has low temp settings and is large enough to hold a brisk flat or smaller size pork butt. You can hold between 140 - 160. Makes fries in 12 - 15 minutes. Just a little pricey.

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Whoa, for that price it better serve me cocktails before the meal 😂

I was unimpressed with air fryers when the first came out and wrote them off. But technology has changed and I thought I would rethink getting one. Our deep fryer is on it's last leg and I was thinking about a replacement. Any air fryer would have to nail french fries if it was going to get considered.

After I saw this video from America's Test Kitchen, released three weeks ago, I decided that a standard fryer was more suitable for our use. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWPhBzPx4bc

We bought the Instant Vortex Plus 6 quart (ATK's top pick). After one week I am hooked.

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm considering that one as well. It was on Black Friday sale for $99 on Amazon but it sold out. Waiting .....

I just pulled the trigger on the Ninja SP301. Its flip-up feature was a major factor as the area it will live in isn't very spacious. It will actually take up the same space depth-wise as my mini toaster oven when stored although it's 5" wider.

Click image for larger version  Name:	81nVd2igE4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	209.2 KB ID:	1139386
              Last edited by Attjack; December 8, 2021, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
                Jfrosty27 commented
                Editing a comment
                My son has one of these. Loves it. Says he uses it several times a week min. He kind of hinted we be getting one for Christmas. Can’t wait.

I have a Ninja Foodi which sits right next to the Breville Toaster Oven. I like the Foodi. Flexible as it grills, air fries, bakes and dehydrates. I know it's not what you're looking for. But is you already have a toaster oven you might want to look at this.

Comment

I've heard that the amount of food these things can cook is limited. True?

Comment

• RichieB
                  RichieB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you are referring to the Foodi, yes there are linitations. You could do a medium size roast. Maybe 4 1/4# burgers half dozen hot dogs. Certainly not for a large meal for multiple people.

Troutman This one shows on Amazon as In Stock for $99. It is the 10qt.

AmazonSmile: Instant Vortex Plus 10 Quart Air Fryer, Rotisserie and Convection Oven, Air Fry, Roast, Bake, Dehydrate and Warm, 1500W, Stainless Steel and Black : Home & Kitchen

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here