Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chefman Sous Vide Cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chefman Sous Vide Cooker

Just wondering if anyone has one of these. Been reading up a bit on sous vide, not sure how much I would use it. Neighbor raves about his, so I googled it yesterday and came across this one at a liquidation place for $40 ca. Taxes and shipping in $64 ca, about $50 us. I rarely purchase on price, but I thought, what the heck. Supposed to arrive tomorrow. No warranty, but I've thrown away 50 bucks before
    Shop directly for exclusive offers. Full line of premium kitchen appliances such as air fryers, toaster ovens, kettles, and more. Ship nationwide.

thoughts?

I have nearly that exact model (mine is a few years old so it may not be identical). I bought it on some discount website for maybe $60-70. It has performed remarkably well - it keeps temp within a half a degree, measured with my Thermapen.
    It has no bells and whistles, but I didn't expect any at that price. It can be a little noisy if the water levels aren't right in the middle but that's easy to look past.
    It's a definite buy, especially if you don't already have a better one.

Comment

That’s the same Hunk o Junk I have.

works great! Doesn’t seem very well built but it works perfectly.

Never had an any issues with this one. the first arrived damaged and was replaced immediately.

So far a solid purchase. Bought like 3 or 4 years ago. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Click image for larger version

Name:	AB1487C0-F69D-458F-A589-A5DFEC1F1643.jpeg
Views:	201
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	987948

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        My recollection is you said sous vide was for wimps and you gave it up like 3 or 4 years ago. But I also forgot to take my Alzheimer pills this morning so maybe I have you mixed up with Panhead John. If so I apologize up front Homes for any phycological harm I may have caused you and your hunk o junk.

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Troutman I went to jump off a bridge after that insult then I remembered I’m at sea level.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Well there's always the Santa Monica Pier? Just messin' with ya, you know I love you Big Boy

Thanks for the input guys, it arrived today. A couple pork chops volunteered to be my first victims. I'll see how it goes!

Comment

• willxfmr
        willxfmr commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't wait to see the pictures of the results!

Sorry, didn't get a pic of the chops, but did a tomahawk today. I'll post it on SUWYC.

Comment

sous-vide also excels at vegetables. Well worth giving some a bath.

Comment

• coolfins
          coolfins commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll give that a try, Thanks

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here