Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous vide leftover reheat temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous vide leftover reheat temp

What's your guys best reheat temp for a leftover frozen pulled beef roast in a sous vide bath?

I think we came to the conclusion that reheating if they were safe in the bags was fine but once pulled and exposed to air slow reheating may not be a good idea from a safety standpoint.

Spread out on a sheet pan in an oven or broiler or smoker is probably best.

I usually fire up a heavy cast iron pan with a little oil and reheat small pieces quickly, getting a bit of extra sear in them as I go.

Or or I go with the microwave.

Save and freeze the stuff as flat as you can to speed reheating.

I'm wondering about using sous vide to reheat foods. I can't convince myself that it is a safe method, although it should be since so many people do it and the Chef Steps (Joule) site

Comment

Originally posted by ILikePigButts View Post
      What's your guys best reheat temp for a leftover frozen pulled beef roast in a sous vide bath?
      Higher than 140F and lower than the IT you cooked it to.

Comment

MBMorgan is right. If it was something that was cooked at a low temperature to begin with, then you may well end up exceeding that for a sous vide reheat. That said, I generally have really good results heating water to 145°F and then reheat the food about 35 mins for most leftovers, not just BBQ.

Comment

Thanks guys. I went with 147, and for the record it was vacuum sealed and still in bag. Ended up taking out and frying for tacos anyway but I needed a good temp to heat and thaw fast from frozen. Was ready to fry in about an hour.
          ​​​​​​
          Served with fresh smoked pulled pork with fried flour and corn tortillas, homemade fire roasted and mango salsas. Some extra white onion and Cilantro to top, and some queen majesty hot sauces (the absolute best) to drizzle. My sister brought some Mexican rice and refried beans topped with chorizo. Everyone gorged and my sister's boyfriend from Guadalajara ate 6 tacos and apparently was talking about them all night after they left. Mission success. 👍
          ​​​​

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here