Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some advice

On Sunday, I’m planning to make this:

I have a couple of questions, and I know the people here will have the answers.

1) We like meat for this kind of thing more well done. Would 155 for two hours accomplish this?
    2) Would it be alright to put the meat in the marinade on Saturday night, or does a lot of citrus mean I should do it first thing Sunday morning?

Thanks for any help on this, I really want things I cook to turn out great.

If i was doing that cook I would sear on a hot grill or flat top for a little longer to get a better crust so the 135 would work for me, and I think the overnight + marinade would be fine.

Comment

Be careful with marinade using a lot of citrus. I recently did some skirt, marinated it overnight with a a citrus blend then bathed it for a couple of hours to 135*. Unfortunately the meat completely fell apart, it was almost like mush. We fed it to the dog.

Id advise a shorter marinade time.

Comment

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
        Be careful with marinade using a lot of citrus. I recently did some skirt, marinated it overnight with a a citrus blend then bathed it for a couple of hours to 135*. Unfortunately the meat completely fell apart, it was almost like mush. We fed it to the dog.

Id advise a shorter marinade time.
        Thats what I was worried about. I did some research since there weren’t a lot of replies, and decided to go with four or five hours.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here