Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Anova feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Anova feature

Anova now has an ice bath feature. In short you add ice to your cooking container with food, setup the wifi and then go to work, shopping, etc. If the water temp goes above 40 F, you get a notification. You can then start cook remotely. If temp stays below 40, start cook whenever you like. Tried it yesterday and it worked great. As you may have guessed, it only works with the wifi unit.

Please, pardon my ignorance, but is this a feature of an updated immersion heater, or an addition to th' software side of these devices?
    Jus' curious...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
      Please, pardon my ignorance, but is this a feature of an updated immersion heater, or an addition to th' software side of these devices?
      Jus' curious...
      An update to the Anova app. As long as you have the wifi version of the cooker your good.

Comment

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting!

Many thanks fer helpin' me out, here!
      Exactly what I was wantin' to now.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here