Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Italian Beef SV!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian Beef SV!

Thought I would share this. I just did a test run of Italian Beef using my Joule and it turned out amazing! Eventually, I will be making this for a pre-game tailgate.

I used Meathead's recipe for the spice blend. I pre-seared a 3 lb eye of round roast that was rolled in the spice blend, put the roast into a ziplock bag and then I put the roast into my SV setup for a 24 hour cook at 134F. After the cook, I put the bag into an ice bath, then strained the juices. Juices were added to 2 cups of beef stock (better than bouiilion) with a sprinkling of leftover spices from recipe. Reduced the jus and added some giardinara for flavor. I used my meat slicer and cut as thinly as I could, added that back to the bag and put the cooled off jus in. It went into the fridge until ready to retherm. (I could have frozen as well). Rethermed at 130F for 1.5 hours. It was the most tender Italian beef I have ever had. It needed a little salt, but other than that. Pretty darn good!!!
    Attached Files

That does look mighty good.

Comment

Looks fantastic!

Comment

That looks fantastic. Just curious, did you use a slicer to cut the meat, or a knife. It seems to be perfectly sliced.

Comment

• Robd71
          Robd71 commented
          Editing a comment
          My lovely wife gave me a meat slicer for xmas a couple years ago. If you wanted to do it with a knife, I would recommend freezing the meat for 15 minutes or until it felt firm.

• hoovarmin
          hoovarmin commented
          Editing a comment
          Adding a meat slicer to my MCS list

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here