Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide Circulator Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide Circulator Sale

Amazon has the Anova Sous Vide circulator as one of it's deals for the day. ($139.00) :

Great deal! Dr ROK I edited your post so AR gets credit for the sale. Thanks for the link!

Also this should go in accessories. General Discussion is for off the barbecue/cooking topic kind of stuff.

Comment

• Dr ROK
      Dr ROK commented
      Editing a comment
      For future reference, how do I set it up for AR to get the credit. Would I use the AR amazon link and then search for the product they are advertising?

lol I just got caught by the 250 character comment limit. Dr ROK it's easy peezy. Just add ?tw=AMAZINGRIBS] to the end of the link (must be Amazon). The link cannot have any other questions marks in it. If it does, that means there's more than one affiliation associated with the link and it won't work. If you run into that just delete the ? and everything after it, then add ?tw=AMAZINGRIBS] to the end of the link. Thanks!

Comment

Daggnabit! Something else I've got to have!

Comment

If the wifi version were similarly discounted, I'd be mighty tempted.

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd jump on it. I really see little use for connectivity with a SV device. It really is set a temp and then wait the time. No need to monitor.

• DSiewert
          DSiewert commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm waiting for the internet connected version that I can trigger to turn on and pull the bag out of the fridge while I'm at work....

• Willy
          Willy commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree with David Parrish that the WiFi capability is pretty much useless.

Hmmmmm....I posted this this morning

Comment

• Dr ROK
          Dr ROK commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought I looked for a post regarding this before I posted it, but I must have missed your post DWCowles. I saw yours later in the day when I came back on. Great minds think alike

Bummed I missed this one. I was holding out for the wifi version but am beginning to think it is not worth it. Maybe David Parrish or Ernest can help me here, but what good is the wifi? If I leave the house at noon and want to turn the thing on 3PM, it's not really safe to leave your food out that long in room temp water. Or the other way around, if I'm out longer than expected and want to turn it off but am not home for a few more hours, that can't be food safe either it is? I really don't need to have another "technology time suck" just to monitor my sous vide temps if it offers no real functionality.

Comment

dpsphotos it's sous vide, you need not worry about over cooking when you're away from home. Wi-Fi is not necessary.

Comment

dpsphotos, it's not necessary, but I wish I had it. Mine doesn't. I'd like to have the ability to make sure everything is working correctly when I'm not home. While I may not be able to do anything about it if something would go wrong and I'm too far away to do anything about it, I would at least have advance notice that I'll need to make alternative plans for my meal that day.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here