Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first real use of my SV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first real use of my SV

So I use my Sous Vide so far mostly for soft boiled eggs for ramen, and I have been playing with it a bit in making a warm bath for my dough when making bread, we are keeping our house at like 62 degrees right now, so just adapting. But last night I was hoping to find some small short ribs for a all day cook, no such thing was available. So I was forced to pull out a chuck from the freezer, but no way it was going to be thawed out by today. So I ran a 135 bath on it all night, that was pretty amazing to have that ability to punt a bit more. Otherwise, I am still loving fire over water. I’m sure that will change as I learn of more great ways to use it.

Interesting thought to use it for dough, that's one use I hadn't heard of before! Let us know what you find.

What we love about our Sous Vide is the edge-to-edge perfection in cooking steaks and chops. We've learned to rely on the app recommendations for cook times, and when we cook our steaks or chops to medium they come out with perfect doneness! After searing to develop a crust, the meats are perfect!

Comment

Sous vide is my favorite way to do chuck these days. 28-30 hours at 135* then sear the crap out of it makes for a great mock steak. Keep up the good work Richard, the more you play with it the more you'll enjoy SV World !!

Comment

How do you do the eggs? I can look it up, but I trust your skills Richard Chrz

Comment

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          So, I flip back and forth between Kenji’s perfect soft boiled that is actually a short boil in a pan on the stove top. Results one would expect, decent, but not perfect everytime. So, I do the 145 for 45 minutes on SV. When I break the shell open, I do it from the fatter end of the egg, and then I can get the entire egg to slide out in one piece, since, it still is a bit soft on the white, I do have a small pan of boiling water, and a small hand strainer and give it an extra minute in there.

Originally posted by Richard Chrz View Post
        ... I have been playing with it a bit in making a warm bath for my dough when making bread, we are keeping our house at like 62 degrees right now, so just adapting. ...
        You need one of these - https://brodandtaylor.com/collection...er-slow-cooker

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here