Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second Slow 'n Sear cook -- Costco ribeyes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Stuff!

Comment

I hear ya...my sister in law told us she wanted to eat lobster until she was full. We did a steak and lobster meal for her that was totally supplied by a Costco trip (done over the SnS)...
      Attached Files

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        The food speaks for itself - fantastic. However, you forgot to mention that that big mug of beer makes the photo just that much better!

• Livermoron
        Livermoron commented
        Editing a comment
        a lot of beer went into the cook that day...surprised that any made it to the photo shoot!

I think there's just one word for those steaks: Perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Livermoron View Post
        I hear ya...my sister in law told us she wanted to eat lobster until she was full. We did a steak and lobster meal for her that was totally supplied by a Costco trip (done over the SnS)...
        Holy smokes! If you ever open a Bed & Dinner (as opposed to breakfast) I want to live there!

Comment

Originally posted by Reds Fan 5 View Post
          Excellent work! I mentioned to my wife this morning Costco is the best place to buy beef. Do you mind sharing the mushroom sauce recipe?
          Sure. Someone else asked at the SnS FB page, so conveniently, I can just copy/paste. (Wow! Took a while. SnS at FB must be one of their most active pages!)

Sure, Jason. I just throw these together now, I do this and red wine reductions so often I don't even measure any more. I got 2, 8 oz pkgs sliced shrooms, baby Bella's and shiitake. I hate cleaning and prepping them so I get cleaned and sliced. Heat olive oil (about 1/4 cup) over medium high heat until it shimmers, then add the shrooms and cook till they give up most of their moisture and start to brown. about 10 mins. Stir often. Meanwhile mince a garlic clove and add that and a dash of dried thyme (careful a little goes a long way) and cook for another minute then remove shrooms to a bowl. Deglaze the pan with about 1/4 cup of brandy, and cook til it's mostly gone, then slip in around a 1/2 cup of heavy cream and maybe a couple teaspoons of Dijon mustard. The cream is heavy so it doesn't really need to reduce much but get it to a simmer then add the shrooms back, lower the heat and cook till it looks right and feels the right consistency. Maybe 5 mins? Like I said I just toss this together, but that's close to what you'll find in recipes online I'm sure. This is good for 5-6 steaks you don't want good meat swimming in this stuff.

Comment

• Reds Fan 5
            Reds Fan 5 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, JCinPA I'll give it a shot.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here