Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke n sear addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke n sear addition

I got tired of trying to build my fire with hot coals present in the SNS. I fabricated a divider that is inserted into one end of the SNS. This makes fire building safer and faster.
    First: Add divider
    Add charcoal and wood chunks to the large end.
    Add heated water to the H2O reservoir.
    Add hot charcoal from the starter chimney.
    Pull out the divider, add the grate and meat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3895.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	342604Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3896.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	342605Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3897.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	342606Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3898.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	342607

That seems easier. Did you just down some carbon steel or is it aluminum?

Comment

Awesome, you better get a patent on it before David Parrish David sees it!

Comment

Made from 11 gauge carbon steel. My fabrication company asked if I wanted that or stainless. I wish I'd asked for stainless. But the price was right. They did it for $0.00. I just made a cardboard template and gave it to them.

Patents are horribly expensive and I surmise the potential market is not large enough to offset the costs. It would not take much to improve on it to end-run my patent. I'd like to put some kind of heat resistant handle on it too.

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          The guy that invented windshield wipers thought it was just a little ittsy bitsy part of a huge car... but he applied for a patent anyway.🤗

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Lots of people that get patents never manufacture their product ever. They sell the manufacturing rights and take a royalty. Hint, hint, hint...😎 The way the patent is worded limits making small variations to get around a patent. You've just established your ownership of the idea with this post.

A very nice idea.

Comment

Great idea!

Comment

Would you be interested in selling some of these to members? I'd buy one.

Comment

Clever idea, I likeys!

Comment

Thanks guys. I will look into cost to manufacture and consider your points.

Comment

Nice Mod!!!

Comment

That was really clever! I'm gonna have to make one this weekend. I have spare metal lying around, so I'll whip one up in no time. Great idea really!

Comment

I would buy one.

Comment

I made one during lunch break today, will make another one this weekend for a friend of mine. While making it I came up with a few mods which I'll implement, I'll post more pics and details on that after the weekend. This one is made from 9 gauge steel (4 mm).

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9729.JPG Views:	1 Size:	157.3 KB ID:	356665

Thanks again, ken g, brilliant idea!

Comment

• ken g
                          ken g commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Looks good. You will love how easy it makes the fire build process.

Brilliant.

Comment

Those things are gonna get hot if left in the SnS. Please be careful!

Comment

• Henrik
                            Henrik commented
                            Editing a comment
                            They sure will get red hot! Gloves on, as always.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here