Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kettle Santa Maria Attachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kettle Santa Maria Attachment

As many of you know I mistakenly ordered this from Titan Outdoors. I had buyers remorse (because I was shopping online and drinking red wine) and canceled the order the next day. My Credit Card was refunded. A few weeks later I received an email saying the order was being shipped. I called them and asked them for a return shipping label. They said it was more hassle than it was worth. So it arrived today and I put it together. I just got off the phone with them and just paid for it.. So there is no harm no foul...They also gave me a $25.00 credit towards a future purchase. So the Santa Maria Saga finally has ended.

I'm going to cook Lamb Chops on it tonight.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5049.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	6.65 MB ID:	930954Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5048.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	6.80 MB ID:	930955Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5050.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	7.75 MB ID:	930953
    Last edited by troymeister; October 29, 2020, 11:43 AM.

Sweet!! That looks like an okay build, do you like it?

Comment

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      To be honest, it's not a bad product. The quality isn't horrible but not great either. This thing will probably last 2 or 3 years. It is what it is.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I know you'll have fun cooking with it, I love my SMG.

I think that would be a fun accessory to add to your collection. I have a smoke attachment, Rotisserie attachment, and SnS. With a Weber kettle you can make it almost into anything. I can see a large piece of meat on that while enjoying your favorite beverages with friends setting around and watching with amazement.

Comment

For $99, that's actually not bad. Seems cheaper than the Gabby's Grill version.

Comment

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm still having some guilt about having this cheap one instead of the real deal. But it sort of did just fall on my doorstep. I could of had it for free but as CaptainMike and many others said...Bad Karma or $99.00. I chose $99.00
      Last edited by troymeister; October 29, 2020, 11:43 AM.

Looks okay from over here. I’m glad you kept it, once you’ve done 1-2 cooks you’re gonna love it. It really is a very nice way of cooking both meat and veggies.

Comment

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      I wanted to build one like you did. It looks like a really fun project. I priced the materials and to buy individual small quantities would have been really super pricey. Later will be the
      maiden voyage.

To me it was kind of like finding a lost puppy. Once it's in your home....It ain't leaving....lol
      Last edited by troymeister; October 29, 2020, 11:44 AM.

You going to have fun cooking with it and sleep well at night😊

Comment

That definitely looks fun.

Comment

Respect to you for your honesty. Have fun!

Comment

Looks decent,,,,
          run it thru the mill and let us know !!!!!

Comment

Kinda sounds like you paid for something you didn't want to pay for. Seems like a raw deal. I hope you enjoy it and it makes it all okay.

Comment

I know that having a conscience can get expensive at times. Good on you for doing what you felt was the right thing.

Comment

• smokin fool
                smokin fool commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup, there's that thing called Karma....

troymeister can you give me the link again? I guess I misplaced it.

Comment

Let us know how you like it, troymeister .

Kathryn

Comment

• troymeister
                troymeister commented
                Editing a comment
                I like it...As stated before I think Gabby's Grills would be better quality. This one sort of fell on my doorstep. Over all its a fun way to cook. It is definitely not a set it and forget it kind of tool. For a C-note...If you get 2 or 3 years out of it. Not a bad deal.
                Last edited by troymeister; November 10, 2020, 05:05 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here