Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ-TORO ' midland' or ' Amarillo' - alternative for SnS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ-TORO ' midland' or ' Amarillo' - alternative for SnS?

Hi all,

I really wanted to get a SnS 2.0 but unfortunately, I can't find a retailer for them in the Netherlands.. Does anyone have experience with (or just something smart to say about) the BBQ-TORO 'midland' or 'amarillo'?

https://www.amazon.nl/BBQ-TORO-rooki...=garden&sr=1-1 (midland)

https://www.amazon.nl/rookinzet-roes...=garden&sr=1-2 (amarillo)

They are quit a lot cheaper than the SnS (almost too good to be true?) and do ship to my place of residence...

thanks a lot for any advice you can give me!

The placement of the water reservoir in the first will rob you of space for charcoal and you might have to add charcoal sooner or more often using it. The second looks like a knock off of the SnS and should be OK although I hate to use products that are knock offs. Since you can't get the SnS, it might not make you feel bad...

Comment

The Amarillo looks to be the better bet. It's made from V2A stainless which is our equivalent to 304, same as the SNS. I will add; however, that the Amarillo looks like a much thinner gauge of metal. That would account for the pricing difference.and the longevity of the material. Given that you don't seem to have much of a choice, go for it. I'm sure it will perform quit nicely for you.

Comment

The Toro water pan makes it a no-go. Does SNS not ship to the Netherlands?

Comment

The first one looks like a copy of the smokenator https://www.bbqguys.com/kettlepizza/...80771606063478

The second, yes a copy of the SnS.
          Last edited by HawkerXP; June 22, 2020, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Is Dave still on the forums here? Huskee?

Comment

Originally posted by JCGrill View Post
              Is Dave still on the forums here? Huskee?
              Yes, he is David Parrish

Comment

Hopefully Dave can help you find a solution. If you want to buy an SNS, he should be able to help, assuming it's possible.

Comment

Yes the Toro is a knock off copy. Same company has tried to sell their copies all over the world. One of our UK or German retailers could probably take care of you: https://snsgrills.com/pages/shipping...mc=amazingribs

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here