Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where/how do you store all your kettle accessories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where/how do you store all your kettle accessories?

For my Performer I have Two S&Ss (one old style, one new, kinda prefer the old), a Vortex, a Drip ‘n Griddle, a rotisserie, and that Easy Spin grate. Plus the charcoal baskets that came with it.

Only so much fits under the table. And the barrel of the rotisserie doesn’t really fit anywhere, nor does the second grate. The S&Ss nest inside each other, but have to be upside down or water collects in the V channel, Likewise the Drip ‘n Griddle, upside down or it collects rainwater. I can store stuff under the lid of the kettle, but then it needs to all come out every time I cook.

What do my fellow Pit members do? How do they solve this?

A big pile on a shelf in the garage. It really doesn't work all that well, to be honest.

Comment

150 gallon deck box from Sam's Club. Yeah, it's big but it hold all my grill detritus.

Comment

My brother in law made me a bbq Cart. It holds most of my accessories, and I can roll it out to the smoker for added work space.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn. That’s really sweet. I love it that it doesn’t have a center post where the doors meet. Gives you sooo much more versatility.

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          Any chance he's taking orders? That is nice!

• Randy-Phx
          Randy-Phx commented
          Editing a comment
          I couldn’t have a center post. The short middle shelf holds my jerky racks and they’re 36” long.

Yeah, it’s a problem. Chimney underneath, SnS under the lid, extra grate leaning against a wall behind on the deck, old charcoal baskets undear my pellet grill. It’s a mess. My deck box is full of pellets, wood chunks, grill toppers, grill tools and other junk. All symptoms of rampant MCS🤣😜.

Comment

In a kettle accessory bin! 😎

Comment

I’m thinking of some kind of hooks I can put over the deck rail, but that would make the deck look like a workshop IMO.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D7199B6A-38F6-4CB1-AFAD-5D53C8793C4A.jpeg
Views:	313
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	692426

Click image for larger version

Name:	3757CA9C-41FA-4B7A-8A92-F01322EC4011.jpeg
Views:	268
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	692427

Comment

I think this is a problem for all of us. Not just kettle accessories.
              Mine are kinda all over the place. In the garage, under my LSG, under the preformer ect....
              Still looking for the perfect thing.

Comment

Reckon I kinda cheat, since I have 6 Weber 22.5"'s, but only 4 SnS's, 2 Vortex, 1 DnG, 2 Top Decks, 2 Hovergrills, 2 SS ABCBBQ Elevated cookin grates, stuff's kinda spread all out...

This doesn't include my 26.75", 18", or WSM accessories, btw...

Let's not even git started on no Smokey Joes...

Oh btw, got another 22.5" comin, through donation...

Comment

• Mosca
                  Mosca commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well geez, there’s the answer staring me in the face: get another Kettle and put them all inside it!

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mosca Always glad to be of assistance!

Click image for larger version  Name:	69801990-B533-487E-A487-22BF73636390.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.19 MB ID:	692572Click image for larger version  Name:	82CD14FA-6C28-4147-9F23-D372B78D01D7.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	750.1 KB ID:	692575Click image for larger version  Name:	BFAEE41D-C408-40C8-8F4E-8B5E2E70BB0D.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.67 MB ID:	692574Click image for larger version  Name:	5A974417-2C48-4710-842E-65E694A79D57.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.97 MB ID:	692573Click image for larger version  Name:	4580DCAE-4B94-4127-AE35-F66B33D91943.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.94 MB ID:	692577Click image for larger version  Name:	BE6F1B5C-CDE4-463C-B089-90860D23D667.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.55 MB ID:	692576 This is right inside my back door into my garage. My grills / smokers are right outside this door.

Comment

• JoeSousa
                  JoeSousa commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love the probe hanger. I put mine in a case and they are always tangled. Been wanting to do something like that for a while now.

• ssandy_561
                  ssandy_561 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I used 13 small brass screw eyes and opened them up so slightly so the cable can pass through. Then I attached a strong magnetic strip to the back of the wood and then I use pieces of weak magnetic sheet to hold the bottoms of the cables to the fridge so they don’t flap around when the fridge door opens up.

• WillieMac
                  WillieMac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Prodigious

After a few years in this house and getting a deck that doesn't get water or snow on it when I am grilling or smoking I have set my plans for a set of cabinets to hold all the tools have a sink and store the 5 type of wood chunks, chips and charcoal out of the way as well as my spare propane tank. Tools and parts will go in deep drawers or on shelves or hang on the end of cabinets.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                  ComfortablyNumb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's what I was thinking, since it is essentially an outdoor kitchen, cabinets would be natural.

Actually I lied, two bins. 🕶

Comment

One deck box, two plastic trash cans, and two galvanized buckets for used charcoal and ashes.

Comment

I have a cupboard in the garage where I keep my probe thermometers, grill gloves, PBC hooks and skewers and grill tools. I used plastic bags to keep things separated but over all the system doesn't work too well. I hang my rotisserie ring and Kettle Pizza ring on the wall in the garage. I have the small chimney and Weber Gourmet BBQ cast iron griddle and wok on top of the cupboard. I keep the standard chimney underneath the 26 (the Performer was recently relocated to my parents' place "Up North") and the 22 SnS and DnG inside the 26. I store the charcoal baskets for the 26 underneath the OKJ. Charoal is stored in the garage and the splits for the OKJ are stored underneath.

I don't really have much of a system - it's hodge-podge.

Comment

Picked up one of these last year. Does a good job of storing things I don't mind keeping outdoors all year long. It's a cheap stainless top, but for the money it works fantastic for storing all the miscellaneous items. Is very sturdy as well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here