Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beefed up my Weber grates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beefed up my Weber grates

I've been a fan of the grates for my Big Green Egg. Stainless steel, very thick rods, easy to clean, lasts forever.

At the same time I've been frustrated with the grates that come standard with every Weber kettle. Yesterday I found a supplier (here in Sweden) that sells a factory replacement made just like the BGE grates. Stainless steel, 1/8" thick rods. Beautiful! And the retail price was the same as the original Weber grates. Done deal, I just had to pull the trigger.

So, here they are, compare with the original. Beautiful!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3919.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	673163

Name:	IMG_3920.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	673162

Name:	smiling-face-with-heart-eyes.png
Views:	206
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	673167

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      + like 25. 😁❤️

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahahahaha, chuckle of the day!! Some girls like diamonds, some girls like grills.

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      CaptainMike , I'm partial to both.

K.

Very nice!

Comment

Nice. The 26 Weber comes with stainless and I just replaced my 22 with stainless. If I get a gas grill it will be stainless.

Comment

• Docooker
        Docooker commented
        Editing a comment
        Why did you go stainless and not GrillGrates? I see so many raves about the GrillGrates in posts.

Very nice upgrade.

Comment

Looks like some quality grates there.

Comment

Company name? Do they sell in the states? Amazon?
          Come on Henrik your killing us here. 😂😂👍👍
          great score my brother.

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            I can ask the guy who runs the store. I’m sure he buys them from the US.

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            Henrik wouldn’t that be funny. He gets them from the states, which is probably made in China, imports them to where you are and than turns around and sells them back to us here in the US via Amazon.
            Someone is loosing out on this deal. 😂😂

Interesting write up as I have been researching Weber kettles along with Napoleon kettles.
          Napoleon advertises their kettles come with stainless steel grills right off the bat has me leaning their way....plus Napoleon kettles are on sale at Canadian Tire this week to boot.
          ....and your Amazing Ribs.com awarded Napoleon kettle's with a gold seal too!!!! I'm sold.

Comment

smokin fool - I would get a Napoleon over the Weber any day. Weber build quality has declined, and Napoleon is rock solid.

Comment

Do you have a name/link to that store Henrik ?

Comment

Killer grates Henrik.

Comment

Those look great!

Comment

Same price?! That's amazing. They look very well made. Would like to upgrade mine, also. But for now, the standard are working well.

Comment

Very nice. Like Jerod I upgraded my 22" to a nice thick stainless hinged grate, then recently upgraded that to Dave's Easy Spin grate. Very high quality. Definitely a worthy upgrade.

Comment

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Huskee Other than Dave's grate, where did you get your other one?

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Troutman Amazon. I'll see if I can find it in my order history and share the link..although it was 2 yrs ago could be out of stock.

If it’s the one I’m thinking it is its out of stock everywhere. Weird, you’d think they’d sell a ton of them. Just went ahead and ordered Dave’s.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here