Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kettles and Gasket Tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kettles and Gasket Tape

I'm thinking of ordering some gasket tape for my 22" kettle. Let me know if you have, what brand you used and if it was worth it.

This is the cheapest one, definitely let me know if you've tried it:

I haven't used that brand, but gaskets do work. You must have the area the tape sticks too absolutely squeaky clean though. If there is any grease left, the tape will come loose. I used Lavalock, but removed it when it came loose in one area.

Comment

Whatever will fit from BBQGaskets.com

Comment

While not on a kettle, I did put that particular gasket on my PBC, works great. Also wanted to reiterate, it has to be clean or it won't stick.....

Comment

That’s the exact gasket I installed over a year ago and it’s worked great and has held up so far. I would recommend it but like others have said, the surface you install it on has to be extremely clean.

Comment

• JPGators17
            JPGators17 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not that I expect a perfect seal, but how air tight did yours turn out? Guess I'm curious if I should expect a 50% better seal, etc

• Dadof3Illinois
            Dadof3Illinois commented
            Editing a comment
            As if this past weekend I haven’t noticed any leakage at.

I've used a similar Felt Type gasket on my Weber Kettle Dome Covers. The covers were cleaned really well and the self adhesive gasket has stayed in place for a long time. It all worked great!

Comment

• JPGators17
            JPGators17 commented
            Editing a comment
            So you attach it to the lid and not the rim of the bowl?

• Dadof3Illinois
            Dadof3Illinois commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s what I did, it fit perfect in the recess. I used a razor blade, brass brush, barkeepers friend and elbow grease

As mentioned above, BBQGaskets.com. I got the gasket kit and hinge for Christmas a few yeas ago for my WSM, huge improvement.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here