Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Done with foil platter plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done with foil platter plates

Using foil platter plates for two zone cooking became a bit of a pain in the rear end so I had this laser cut from mild steel yo see if it'll work and so far the test drives have been good.

Now I'm going to get it cut from 3cr12 and bend up a tapered channel section to weld on for a water reservoir.

​

​

Sounds good ... but the photos aren't showing.

Comment

Not seeing pics.

Comment

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        MBMorgan I can see them on my Samsung phone in the post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190317_145529.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	651396Click image for larger version

Name:	20190317_150010.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	651397

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Now I can see them in this post.

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here ...

"MBMorgan I can see them on my Samsung phone in the post."

It's not uncommon for the original poster to see his/her photos when the rest of us see this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	651400

Comment

Looks familiar. Hmmm. 🕶

Comment

That’s the way to do it. I prefer reusable over disposable one time use whenever possible. If nothing else you will not have to remember to keep buying foil platters.

Comment

• holehogg
            holehogg commented
            Editing a comment
            Foil was frustrating and the total cost to ship here not a proposition.

Hey he re-invented the Slow N Sear !! Just add a water trough and we're in business !!!

Comment

• holehogg
            holehogg commented
            Editing a comment
            Just made something based on the same principle for own use only.
            I would prefer the real deal but the cost for me to import with exchange rate shipping and import duties would be more than thirty times what it cost me to make.

I have no intention of going into businesses using somebody else's idea / design.

Hey, say "foil platter plates" ten times real fast & problem solved also.

Comment

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
            Hey he re-invented the Slow N Sear !! Just add a water trough and we're in business !!!
            Or an upside down Smokenator.

Comment

This is sweet. I guess I don’t know much about custom metal fabrication at all. If this sort of thing isn’t crazy pricy I’d be interested in a few custom pieces. I want something like the Drip N Griddle pan for my Jumbo Joe, specifically to skip the foil! Well, and it gives better air flow control.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here