Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vortex Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortex Wings

I finally caved and purchased a Vortex. I bought it on Amazon through Island Outdoor LLC which is the Amazon retailer mentioned on the Vortex website. Sticker on it looks legit, however it didn't come with any literature. Is it supposed to? Where can I go to find recommended lighting instructions and vent settings? There's a little about lighting and positioning of the device on their website, but I can't find anything about vent settings.

Take a look at Troutman 's topic on the Vortex, goosebr160 .

Also, I wrote a subsequent post on a lighting method for the Vortex that worked for me.

Had some folks lay over for the weekend on their way back to Austin and the wife wanted me to cook some chicken (her marinade) along with her cooking some Filipino dishes. She got a

You're right, it comes with a bit of literature, but not much.

Also take a look at Malcom Reed's chicken wings You Tube video:

Comment

• goosebr160
      goosebr160 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you as always Kathryn! Great thread!

Don't recall mine ever comin with no detailed, printed destructions, seems mebbe there was some stuff declarin Authenticity, iirc...

Reckon here's as good as any place to start; straight from th horse's mouth...

Got more questions? Brother, it is certainly yer Lucky Day, cause quite a few folks here have/love/use this particular piece of kit, with great success...

Questions? Ask away, an I reckon ya shall receive, multifold!

Comment

• goosebr160
      goosebr160 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow Mr. Bones I can't believe I missed the "vortex brochure" link right there on the main page! Thank you for pointing out the obvious to my oblivious self! 🍻

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem, whatsoever!

I am ever glad to be of assistance!

Ive always used the vortex to basically just get max indirect heat. Load it up full with lit coals, vents wide open...let her rip. Crispy wings and thighs in no time. Its one of those devices that does one thing so well IMO, that i dont ever think about trying to use it for anything else.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      What GG just said, wire it up and fire it up !!!

I just bought another one for my 22" kettle so I can do wings on the kettle while doing legs, thighs, and breasts on the WSCGC.

I'm looking forward to my next All Vortex All The Time cook.

Kathryn

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      All Vortex All the Time !! You just invented a new segment!!! Mods, we need our own sub channel !!!!!!!

I light a full chimney of kbb. Let that get about 3/4 fully lite and dump into the Vortex. Vents wide open. I don't bother temping this cook, just let her rip. Note this is for wings, which cook faster than thighs and legs.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Works equally as well !!!!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here