Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen or used this Kettle accessory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone seen or used this Kettle accessory?

Just came across this online and wondering if anyone else has seen or used it.
    This is going to change the way you use your 22 Inch Weber Kettle. Easily transition your grill from a low and slow smoker to a grilling and searing machine. The KZCS comes with a base rack that fits into your grill and has a locking mechanism to prevent it from spinning. This rack has a bottom level that holds a heat deflector or ca

It should work but my kettle is no boring as mater of fact it turned out two excellent New York’s tonight

Comment

It looks interesting, and I'd like to try it, but I think I can do what it does now, manually or with other accessories. So at $ 100.00, I'll pass for now.

The single most important thing for me and a Weber 22" remains the ability to add fuel with hinged grates or into a vortex with a gourmet grate.

Nice find - thanks for sharing. I wish a couple of their products were available for 22" and not just 18".

Comment

Why? A few more pices & parts, by looks the Slow N’ Sear is superior & can be used in 18, 22, & 26.
        The boring kettle routine got old fast. I guess it might be boring if you cook 3 or 5 times a year. Then again that’s probably not get into anything except some brats & dogs any ways. They really need to rethink in their writing department. My guess is, they won’t get very far.

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          FireMan Speaks!!!!!!

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah dissing the kettle instead of talking up the accessory was an odd choice.

Wouldn't a pizza stone under the cooking grate do the same thing?

Comment

I have seen this kickstarter before. The product is probably not bad. But since I have a kamado I'll leave it to someone else who only has a boring kettle ".

Comment

For my 22 I have the SnS, DnG, Weber gourmet BBQ system with the cast iron griddle and cast iron wok, the Kettle Pizza and a rotisserie ring. The SnS and DnG sometimes migrate to the 26 and for that rig I also have the Arteflame. At this point I think I'm done with accessories for my boring kettles.

Comment

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Yaaawwnnn.....

I like the statement, "you'll be a hero to your friends and family !!" if you us their product. Wow, I've always wanted to be a super hero.

Trying to turn a kettle into some sort of kamado with this accessory is not of any interest to me. Pass.

Comment

In looking through their website, it's kind of a "chicken or the egg" thing. They appear to have many of the zone cooking items that come standard on the kamado joe grills "divide and conquer" setup..... Hmmmm

Comment

It looks like it is attempting to turn the Kettle into an efficient roaster.

Comment

Same vibe here half price?

https://bbqdragon.com/product/heat-d...kettle-grills/

Comment

I just got mine, was $50, haven't used it yet. They're running a 30% off Christmas special (code: BFCM18) and they have this version which includes some electric charcoal starter, total is like $46 (free shipping). I figured you get the base that you can use a wok on (or I guess I can get creative and come up with other uses), the two half moon grates (can add charcoal) and the 2 half moon ceramic deflectors. Going to give it ago this Friday!

https://auraoutdoorproducts.com/prod...tarter-package

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here