Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argh. Got bit by MCS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argh. Got bit by MCS.

Me, the patron saint of "What I already have is enough". At least it was just a little bite.

Got a Vortex, Drip-n-Griddle, and (big drum roll) a rotisserie for my Weber Performer. Also an Easy Spin grate, but I needed a new grate anyhow, the original was rusted.

The kettle is fascinating in its simplicity, but it is also a great test bed for what amounts to moving heat and air around the chamber. I'm going to put the Vortex to work tomorrow and see what happens.

Ahhhh! I think yer gonna love what th Vortex has to offer,,,

Comment

Can't wait to see. The Vortex has been whispering to me also.

Comment

It’s what ya get fer bein a little big fer yer britches & thinkin ya got MCS licked. Never, its got you babe.
        (Oh no, the trash music thread has got me). Babe.

Comment

OK what I wanna know is did the wife sanction this sudden urge or are you now in big trouble???

Comment

• lemayp
            lemayp commented
            Editing a comment
            Easier to ask forgiveness than permission, right?

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            Azzackly, lemayp .

Nice! Solid purchases, so it was just a small bite ;-)

Comment

Oh no, you were my hero. Now that you have fallen can I still resist?

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              NO!
              Ferget it!

• JGo37
              JGo37 commented
              Editing a comment
              You've been able to resist?

• jgreen
              jgreen commented
              Editing a comment
              Do it do it. Do it.

I think it was Jon Solberg who used to say "resistance is futile..."

Comment

• JGo37
              JGo37 commented
              Editing a comment
              It was Capt Pickard when he was part of the borg....

I also figure that I can use the rotisserie on the BGE if I get the Joetisserie insert, so that one kinda counts as a twofer, I think.

Comment

• treesmacker
              treesmacker commented
              Editing a comment
              What language are you speakin?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Seven-of-Nine.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	554842
            Jus Sayin'

Comment

• JCGrill
              JCGrill commented
              Editing a comment
              No words needed.

Now you need the wok, to put above the inverted Vortex. I love the wok, but also just bought the two-burner Blackstone. I've got thighs thawing now, to put outside the Vortex tomorrow. That'll be a first try doing it that way.

Comment

• jgreen
              jgreen commented
              Editing a comment
              MCS in full swing.

I knew I shouldn't have clicked onto this thread.

Comment

• treesmacker
              treesmacker commented
              Editing a comment
              Mee toooo

Congrats on the new toys!!
            ​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown-2.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	554885

Comment

JGo37 i have been more able to resist cookers, but gadgets are more of a challenge. My theroy on cookers is that we just want the experience and challege of a different cooker. My experience with gadgets is they are used a few times and then I settle into my go tos. Like pots and pans how many do you really use. So, I try my best to resist. I want spend less time taking care of stuff and more time cooking. So, i work at resisting.

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                Same philosophy here - bought too many gadgets over the years.

Mostly just to understand what they did and how.

I "need" 3 of those 4 also. My guess is that after getting like 20 accessories for the Weber it might be time to slow down and at least take a look the big picture. Besides, I thought MCS didn't start to be taken into account until after like 25...

Comment

• Thunder77
                Thunder77 commented
                Editing a comment
                I think 20 is the limit. :-P

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here