Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 26 mods and hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 26 mods and hack

So from a comment from Huskee and from one YouTube video I devised this setup for my 26 kettle, have also added a gasket as well as a probe port with a cap to close it off. I had the intention of lining the inside of the kettle with firebrick for insulation and protection from the charcoal to the metal. As normal running errands and getting tired I just picked up 6 bricks for the time being and when I realized how short I was with them is when I just cut across side to side to make a well for the charcoal, i used this setup at the party i cooked for on the chicken legs and it worked grate so doing a spatchcock chicken tonight just for some more test as you can see by the temps it holds great the higher temp is the dome temp above the bird. Conclusion for $8.00 it works perfect is adjustable and still gives me my insulation i was looking for. Pics are from 30 minutes into the cook maybe over winter will cut them to fit better. Have to also give Danjohnston949 credit for the firebrick idea on his mod on the Oklahoma joe Click image for larger version  Name:	20180813_175054.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.00 MB ID:	548407Click image for larger version  Name:	20180813_175203.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.77 MB ID:	548409
    Attached Files
    Last edited by customtrim; August 13, 2018, 04:18 PM.

Nice-looking chicken!

Comment

I like the "taste" button on the thermometer.

Comment

Great mod. Clearly worked based on looking at the bird.

Comment

Should work might nicely!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here