Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new kettle rotisserie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new kettle rotisserie

My first cook today with my weber rotisserie, took about 1 1/2 hr. Did not use ambient probe so not sure how hot I was cookin but had bottom vents 3/4 open and top vent all the way open. Will use ambient probe next time to dial it in. chicken turned out very good and moist, I was hoping for a little more uniform browning the skin, I think maybe next time ill use a little less charcoal and some on both side without the sns, I used a full chimney of royal oak and filled sns with water, skin wasn't as crispy as I would have liked, any suggestions? Overall I'm very excited for all the future cooks I'm planning on this.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20171126_135435.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	415849Click image for larger version

Name:	20171126_144140.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	415850Click image for larger version

Name:	20171126_153352.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	415851Click image for larger version

Name:	20171126_153404.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	415852 cooked lid on, marinated in Italian dressing

Very nice! If you are going to 325-350 for chicken, I wouldn’t use water in the SnS as it will boil away too quickly. Also, if the temp is fine, maybe a little oil under the skin to help crisp it.

Comment

Moisture is the evil foe of crisp skin. I wouldn't put water in the pan nor would I use a marinade. I do use a dry rub though. Simon and Garfunkel is my favorite rub for chicken. With chicken, I only marinate skinless pieces - no danger of compromising the skin if there is none. LOL

Comment

Great cook marshall

If could suggest try centering the bird on the spit in the center of the grill. Coals on one side no SnS. I don't find my chicken skin to be all that crispy when using the roto. I think the self basting keeps it moist but bite thru delicious for sure.

Comment

Yeah, ditto on the non-use of water & marinade if you want cripsy skin. Gave up using moisture a long time ago. Cool looking, I’m just now starting to do rotisserie. I find my birds are a little moister themselves.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

I love my Weber rotisserie. My chicken skin gets decently crisp but I use 2 charcoal baskets, one on each side, with a drip pan in the middle. Maybe having the heat on both sides helps that. The chicken is always great off that thing.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here