Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New grates for the SnS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy duty SS? If I still had my kettle, I would be down on this. As others have said, it is really handy to be able to access the SNS while cooking.

Comment

I haven't looked, but is this available for the 26"? My wallet is shaking 😳

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        At bottom of page they ask if you are interested in a 26". check it out.

My biggest beef with Weber's hinged grate was the hinged part was just too small for the SnS, especially if you leave an air space between the SnS and the outer wall. This tackles that problem nicely, and while it's pricey, it'll be a "cry only once" kinda thing. I'm in.

Comment

• phoccer
        phoccer commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, that whole pricey question should be looked at as value IMO. I can buy a SS grate that will last decades. My original Weber grate rusted out after 9 months. I can pay $70 once or $14 a bunch of times.

• billg71
        billg71 commented
        Editing a comment
        Heck, I paid $89 for a non-hinged SS grate for the Summit Charcoal. Ironically, it was made by BGE for the BGE XL

Would be nice if it fit on a 26.

Comment

Originally posted by Attjack View Post
        Would be nice if it fit on a 26.
        abcbarbecue.com has a questionnaire as to whether they should create a 26" version.

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          I did find it, and to tell you the truth didn't know my weber grate was SS.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Attjack Yeah, that's a nice perk with the 26" kettle. ABC's would surely have a larger hinge though, which would be helpful IMO....but likely pricey...so weighing the pros & cons would be in order. I'm sure that's why Dave is asking for input in the first place.

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah it is harder to justify considering you only get one upgrade rather than two. Maybe I should have not participated in the poll... On the other hand I'm a sucker for accessories.

Hey they got one for a 26 .

Comment

https://abcbarbecue.com/product/22-cooking-grate/ Info on the 22" grate. Scroll down to the 3 FAQs for the 26" survey question

Comment

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Comment

I'm in:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 9.34.35 AM.png
Views:	114
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	391126

Comment

I’m in too. Order placed

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1188.PNG
Views:	149
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	391159

Comment

I got mine.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your order
                      Your order has been received and is now being processed. Your order details are shown below for your reference: Order #11351

22” Two-Zone Cooking Grate with EasySpin™ 1 $69.95
                      Subtotal: $69.95
                      Shipping: $9.95 via FedEx Home Delivery
                      Tax: $0.00
                      Payment method: PayPal
                      Total: $79.90
                      Customer details

Billing address
                      Shipping address

Got mine ordered too.

Jim

Comment

I like this, too. I will be getting one. The hinge that comes with the Kettle now is ok, but as many others mentioned, the hinge doesn't leave much room to maneuver and manipulate the SnS. Also, I'm not a fan of the center ring that won't stay put. I'd rather not have to hassle with that most of the time.

Comment

Got mine ordered this morning! Looking forward to the upgrade.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here