Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

26 SnS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

26 SnS...

David Parrish needs to figure out same day delivery. I'm out here on the porch waiting for my SnS XL to be delivered. Yes, I know Fedex is scheduled to deliver on Friday but I'm hoping they change their mind and deliver today (Thursday)......
    LOL!! Finally both kettles have permanent SnS.

Good news! Show us the goods in action!

Comment

Drone delivery!

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully the FAA will be able to keep them from peeking in your bedroom windows.🙈 I see them cruising the beach all the time. Some pervert is probably checking out the babes from his basement.🤔

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        I recently purchased the DJI Mavic Pro drone and it's a blast flying it.

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh! We are not supposed to peak?

Can't wait to see the photos from this one!

Comment

I just got my sns XL for the 26.75" kettle! Cooked up 20 burgers, 12 hotdogs, and 6lbs of marinaded chicken breast tenderloins this past weekend as my first ever cook on anything other than a gasser.

One thing ill say is I only used 1.5 chimneys of briquettes total and in hindsight I should have used more to create a larger sear zone than the XL only. Took ages with how much I was cooking but still turned out great!
        Last edited by Steve_D12; July 13, 2017, 11:22 AM. Reason: iPhone typo

Comment

Ernest hopefully you can put it through the paces this weekend!

Comment

How do you feel that this combo compares to the Weber summit charcoal? I love my 22 with SnS, but it is often too small.

Comment

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              The 26 rocks with the SnS

pknj I'd buy 2 sets of 26/SnS before I look at the Summit.
            Back to your question, I used my original SnS on the 26 and I truly think that this is the best and most versatile set up.

Comment

• Craigar
              Craigar commented
              Editing a comment
              It still amazes me how insanely efficient the original is with the 26. Then when I bought a 22 because I thought I needed one, the SnS took it to another level. The SnS XL is on my list to Santa.

Craigar You know!! I was actually thinking of getting the regular SnS for the 26. I didn't want to lose too much real estate. Looking at the dimensions and it's not that much bigger.

Comment

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              How can I tell which one I have. The xl or not?

• Ernest
              Ernest commented
              Editing a comment
              HouseHomey XL is meant for the 26. I don't think it fits a 22 kettle.

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              I have both and only the SnS for the 26. I tried to log on to Dave's website but my email does not match anything. My fault, I figure it out.

Congrats and I'm lookin' for photos.

Comment

HouseHomey Do you have no bottom grate in your SnS just open to the charcoal grate? That's the Original for the 22 only. If you have the bottom grate then you'll just have to measure, the 22 (Original & Plus) is 21" long at the water reservoir, the XL is almost 24" and obviously won't fit in the 22.

Comment

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                Ahhh.... mine is open on the bottom. Well, I guess I need more gear. I'm a dope. I wasn't poking around the adrenaline bbq site and dint catch the difference. Thank you

Any plans for an actual SnS for the Jumbo Joe? I know about the basket. David Parrish

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest View Post
                Any plans for an actual SnS for the Jumbo Joe? I know about the basket. David Parrish
                Nope. Last thing I want is someone picking up a JJ while it has a reservoir of boiling water in it that's long on one edge and super thin on the other. Recipe for crispy skin... human, not chicken!

Comment

Originally posted by ABCBBQ Dave View Post

Nope. Last thing I want is someone picking up a JJ while it has a reservoir of boiling water in it that's long on one edge and super thin on the other. Recipe for crispy skin... human, not chicken!
                  There will be someone somewhere who'll do that, guaranteed! They'll even spill their own water pan by doing that, but at least it's not yours.

Comment

• EdF
                    EdF commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, you know what they say "Just when you think you've made something foolproof, the Universe comes along and invents a new kind of fool"!

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    EdF truer words my friend, truer words....

• EdF
                    EdF commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I remember a "Far Side" comic panel where God has a shaker like we use for rubs, and it's labeled "Jerks", and he's shaking it over the planet and saying "And just to keep things interesting ..."!

HAHAHA! Well can I get one custom made then? Who is still smoking with water anyway?

Comment

• Craigar
                    Craigar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cheech & Chong.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here